Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Starseers (Fallen Empire, #3)
This topic is about Starseers
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Starseers [April 2019]

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela, I'm Silverfox lost (last edited Mar 22, 2019 04:26PM) (new)

Angela | 3555 comments Mod
Buddy read starts 18th April.

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Rescheduled to April 18th

Tammie | 4107 comments I'm starting this today.

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments I am still reading a book, but I will be here in a day or two...

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments I'll squeeze this in, in between Vlad Taltos and the Schaeferverse... pretty much done with BRs for the month... just got this, Spirit Eater, and Boy's Life with Manju... I'm a week behind on starting Holy Sister, but might just wait on that... add it to the pile with the 2018 new releases I wasn't in the mood for at the time...

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments Is there a Vlad Taltus BR?

message 7: by Timelord Iain (last edited Apr 17, 2019 10:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Choko wrote: "Is there a Vlad Taltus BR?"

Not officially... I wanted to read it this year... I probably should have mentioned I was reading it in the BR invite thread instead of the Tome Raiders thread...

I read Jhereg yesterday and am reading Yendi right now... the books are short and easily bingeable... if you want to join I can make a thread...

Jhereg starts off with a ton of terms and info on the early life of Vlad Taltos, but settles down after a chapter or 2 into a simpler Assassination Gone Complicated plot...

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments We can do a thread like we have for the Kutheran Universe - one to cover them all...

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Choko wrote: "We can do a thread like we have for the Kutheran Universe - one to cover them all..."

That's what I was thinking... the audiobooks are under 7hrs so far... so 3.5hrs at double speed... similar to the KGU books...

message 10: by Tammie (last edited Apr 17, 2019 08:00PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments Chapter 3 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Tammie (last edited Apr 18, 2019 02:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments Chapter 8 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Tammie (last edited Apr 21, 2019 09:10AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments I finished this a couple of days ago and it was yet again a fun read. I love this series!

message 13: by Tammie (last edited Apr 21, 2019 11:15AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tammie | 4107 comments (view spoiler)

message 14: by Timelord Iain (last edited Apr 23, 2019 05:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Finally read this one... this is the first time I was really worried about the characters/story... the power dynamics of the starseers are lopsided altho the Alliance surely proved that superior numbers can overcome the power difference sometimes

If the story had ended 2-3 chapters sooner, it could have had a real cartoon feel of leaving the characters in the jaws of danger... TUNE IN NEXT WEEK... lol...

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments I am so behind... I will be here tomorrow for sure!!!

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments I finished this one and have to say, those Starseers are real assholes! I liked the girls who acted like regular young women, but everyone else was terrible. And than they dare say "we just want to be left alone to live"... Riiiighttt... I don't trust the bastards at all... looking forward to the next book though :-)

Timelord Iain | 16581 comments Yea... the government exterminators probably weren't too off the mark in trying to get rid of them... given prep time, they seem nigh unstoppable...

Choko (chokog) | 6709 comments Exactly... I would never be able to trust them and I think it is human nature to fear those we don't trust...