Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Fallen Catalyst & Maven's Queen

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Plot for future reference:
Four generations ago, magic almost destroyed the kingdom of Drevaria.
Now the kingdom stands fairly secure, with regulations and policies to keep magic in check. Mostly this means imprisoning those who are believed to possess such unnatural abilities, and training a select few to serve as emergency forces. Lately there have been rumors that, despite the great measures taken, magic is once again on the rise, with a growing band of misfits plotting to over throw the royal family.

Drevaria is home to two princesses, Girl A and Girl B. With tension building in the kingdom, the pressure for one of the sisters to marry becomes much more prelevant. It seems like the obvious choice for Girl A to marry the prince of the neighboring kingdom- they have been friends since childhood and have had an engagement plan of sorts for about a year.
Meanwhile, Girl B has secretly been seeing a peasant boy, a soldier in training (Guy A).
It seems like everything will work out fine...until Girl A discovers she has magical abilities and runs away a week before her wedding, making the pressure to marry fall on Girl B.
While Girl B is faced with trying to find a different solution to settle the unease in the kingdom, Girl A runs into guy B on the outskirts of the kingdom. He comes off as charming and even offers to help her learn to control her ability. Unbenounced to her, Guy B is the leader of the band of misfits plotting to take over the kingdom. 

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Hi! Okay. I’m back from my thing.
Anything we need to discuss first or should we start with characters?

message 3: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments I can't think of anything right off that we need to discuss, so I guess let's just start with characters. About how much detail do you usually like to put into them? I myself usually just go with the very basics, but I'm good with whatever.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments I typically go with the basics as well, I end up contradicting myself otherwise. What should the age ranges be?

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Good question. I feel like princess B should maybe be a year or two younger than A (who I guess should be around 19 or so). The guys I don't think it will make much difference, just as long as they fall within a reasonable range. . .of course with B being in a position of authority it might be best for that character to be played as early 20's. I don't know though, I'm fine with anything.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Okay. That age range sounds good. I should have my characters up pretty soon.

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Alright, sounds good.

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Princess B:
Name: Alira (Ali) Cosimo (you can pick the last name)
Appearance:
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/81/f8/09/81...

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/ad/44/cc/ad...

Prince B:
Name: Zayden Jesper Bellcourte
Appearance:
https://data.whicdn.com/images/268253...

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/b9/a9/...

(Let me know if there’s anything you think I should change)

message 9: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments So sorry for the delay in post

Name: Evangeline (Eve) Aryn Mercia
Appearance:

Name: Landon Rhett Bailey
Appearance:

message 10: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments It’s all good! I like your characters. :)
(I won’t answer for like 2 hrs, I’ve gotta go take a test..)

message 11: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Thanks, I really like yours too. :)
Where do you think we should start this out at?

message 12: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments :)

I’m not sure. Maybe a meeting of my girl and your guy and then when your girl is running away? Or did you have a better idea?

message 13: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Yeah, that sounds like a good place to me. Would you like to start us off then, or would you prefer me to?

message 14: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Could you please?

message 15: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Sure thing.

Security was a bit heavier than usual tonight. With Princess Evangeline's wedding only a bit over a week away, there was reasonable grounds for concern that there could be some sort of complication to spring up. Just three days ago there had already been a big scare: something about a servant dropping dead under mysterious circumstances. Landon didn't really have much information to go off of, it had been kept relatively under wraps. All he really knew was that at first it was feared that magic had played a part in it, but since there had been no further attacks or threats or any evidence of such to support the magic theory for that matter, it was concluded that it had simply been sudden cardiac arrest brought about by stress. Organizing a royal wedding was no easy task after all . . . and neither was secretly meeting princess Alira. How long had he been waiting? Twenty . . .twenty five minutes? He had made sure to arrive at their usual meeting spot early even though he wasn't all that sure it was a good idea or that she would be able to show up at all.

Evangeline paced the length of her room for about the hundredth time this evening. She felt exhausted, both from busy last minute wedding preparations and lack of sleep. Finally she breathed a sigh and forced herself to still, sitting on the edge of her plush bed. Her gaze fell on the dress form at the far corner of the room, dressed in the delicate ivory gown that had been carefully crafted for her wedding. A week ago it had been the object of her greatest concern, now that just seemed downright silly.

message 16: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Alira was getting tired of all the security. She understood it was all there for her sister’s wedding and for all the important people who’d be coming for it but she just wanted her freedom back. It was so hard to sneak out with so many eyes on her and everyone. She ran a hand through her hair and grabbed her bag before leaving her room. She was dressed up as she was expected to be but as soon as she was off the grounds, she’d change into something a bit more casual and less conspicuous.

Ali walked down the hall and out the door, stopping for s moment to speak to one of the guards before she went out. She got off the grounds and changed before heading to the meeting spot. She knew she was late but it was unavoidable. She walked up to Landon, smiling softly at the sight of him.

Zayden traveled alone to the kingdom. He had a few days before he was supposed to be there to see his bride but he had other business to attend to in the kingdom. It was just a simple meeting with some of the kingdom misfits that he’d met before but it was still important as their plans slowly were coming together.

message 17: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments As Ali neared Landon smiled a bit. ". . . I was beginning to think you stood me up." He said in a mostly joking manner. Of course the thought wasn't really all that outlandish, it had crossed his mind in the past once or twice before. He was merely ordinary, it still baffled him that Ali even gave him the time of day.

~

Evangeline stood up once again and slowly walked over to the dress form. She stopped in front of it and glanced over the dress, reaching out and tracing the careful beading at the neckline. It really was beautiful. It was a shame she wouldn't get to wear it. She breathed a heavy sigh and turned away from it, going to her wardrobe instead. She opened the door and rummaged to the back, pulling out a bag and a few other items. Once they were out she took a deep breath and glanced between them and the dress. If she did this there would be no turning back. . . but did she really have a choice? She closed her eyes for a moment, thinking back to the events of a few days ago. She already knew the answer.

Within a few minutes Evangeline had changed, ditching her fine silk dress for roughly spun peasant clothes and a tattered cloak. She stopped before a mirror, making sure she hadn't missed anything. She caught glimpse of her necklace: a simple gold pendant with the kingdom crest on it. Much too fine for a commoner. She started to take it off but stopped. It didn't feel right. Instead she tucked it in under the shirt she now wore. Before she could talk herself out of anything she grabbed the bag she had pulled out of the wardrobe and slung it over her shoulder along with the dress she had just taken off. 

message 18: by Fallen Catalyst (last edited Dec 07, 2018 07:33PM) (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali rolled her eyes. “You know i wouldn’t do that.” She smiled gently, leaning up and giving his cheek a light peck before slipping her hand into his. “So how’s everything been? I haven’t seen you in a few days?” She asked softly. She had met a few princes and other royals who were probably future prospects that her parents wanted her with but she liked Landon. He was simple and didn’t expect anything from her really.

Zayden crossed the border into the kingdom. He had a bit of time before he had to be at the meeting so he took his time, wandering a bit through the outskirts of the kingdom. He didn’t expect to see Evangeline for a bit longer though he wanted to, wanting to meet her and get to know her a bit better before they married. But they were stuck with the marriage and the quick pace of it all and he didn’t really have anything that he could do about it.

message 19: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments "Its been alright, sort of boring, but over all alright." Landon answered. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze and smiled a bit more. ". . . Mostly I've just been counting down the minutes until I get to see you again." He would be glad when this royal wedding nonsense was over, then it would surely get a bit easier to arrange meetings, at least for a while. As it currently was it took a good amount of planning and luck for anything to pan out.  He realized that in the big picture things were bound to get even more complicated eventually, but they still had a while until that would become an issue. 

~

Evangeline went over to the large window that overlooked the garden and opened it. Here she paused a moment, trying to gather the strength for what she now needed to do. After a moment she found the hem of the dress she was holding and with one breath ripped off two good size  pieces of the fine fabric. She shoved the rest into her bag to dispose of later. Now came the hard part. Simply going missing would not do, she needed to make sure that any search efforts made would have an eventual termination. For that she needed to dim the apparent hopes of finding her alive, make it look like some sort of abduction. She pulled a simple dagger from her bag, it's well polished blade glinting even in the low light. She positioned it on the palm of her left hand. Anticipating the pain she bit her bottom lip before closing her eyes and forcefully gliding it against the soft skin there. Blood now dripping from her hand, Evangeline put away the dagger and handled the smaller of the two sections of fabric that she had previously ripped off, letting parts of it stain with her blood before she cleverly positioned it near the window like it had been snagged and ripped off in a struggle. Once she was happy with her work she used the larger section of fabric to wrap up her hand. From there she quickly scurried out the window and onto the narrow ledge that she would follow to her escape, knowing it wouldn't be long before servants stopped by to check in on her. It was a good thing she wasn't particularly afraid of heights. It wasn't until she had somehow made it safely off grounds that this started to feel real. She spared one final glance back, regret pulling at her. She realized it was mostly guilt, guilt for what this would mean for her sister. Sorry, Alira.

message 20: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Alira blushed and glanced away. “You still need to work on your flirting.” She teased lightly, rubbing his hand. She looked back to him after a moment. “Hopefully soon, everything will settle down and then we can spend more time together so you’ll be less bored.” She said softly. “Or maybe they’ll put you on the royal guard and then you can be with me more..” she said, thinking of the idea. She wanted more time with Landon and was willing to take risks to be around him.

The guards in the castle were still on their normal watches. They didn’t know anything was amiss with Evangeline or anything so they weren’t expecting her to be gone. But as they went on their rounds later that night, they noticed the open window and fabric dangling and they quickly went to her room to look for her.

Zayden continued to his meeting in a small pub in the outskirts of town. He was dressed plainly to avoid suspicion. He talked with his followers for a bit.

message 21: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon nodded "yeah, hopefully." He agreed. He was silent for a moment upon hearing the second solution she mentioned. That would make things  significantly easier on both of them, but it would also be more high risk. Besides, right now it didnt even seem probable, his ranking was still fairly low. After a moment he breathed a sigh. "I do suppose that's possible. . . but probably highly unlikely, at least for a good while anyway."

~

Evangeline had started on her way out of the kingdom. She knew it was going to take a while as she was going on foot, but it would have been to much of a risk to take a horse. She had to keep moving quickly if she hoped to be out of the kingdom by the time news broke. She was now passing through the shabbier part of the kingdom, the area with buildings that looked like they were one wind gust away from caving in completely and that was sparingly lit by a few flickering torches. She pulled her cloak in tighter around herself, feeling a bit uneasy with her surroundings.

message 22: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali shrugged. “Yeah. I know that it’s not likely. But I can still hope.” She shrugged slightly at him. She knew she was being a bit naive but she didn’t care. She was just being honest with him about how she really felt. Ali rubbed his hand gently as they stood together. “I just can’t wait for Eve to just be married. Then there’s no pressure on me and I can just be with you without the trouble..” she admitted, pushing her hair back from her face.

Zayden stayed in his meeting before finally heading out once it ended. He began to make his way back through the outskirts of the town, being one of the only people out and about that late. He noticed a girl walking alone but didn’t recognize it to be Eve right away as he continued in her direction.

message 23: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon knew that even after Eve was married, that wouldn't be the permanent end of their struggles. Of course he wasn't going to point that out now, they would cross that bridge when they got there. Instead he just went along with it, deciding not to worry about the future for now. "Well, lucky for us" He took her other hand in his free one and pulled her a bit closer, "there won't be that much longer of a wait."

~

Eve caught sight of someone approaching from the other direction. It set off internal warning bells and she felt herself becoming anxious. She kept walking though as she didn't really have time to spare on taking an impromptu detour down a side alley. She instead opted to keep her head down and trusted that the shadows would provide her any additional cover she needed.

message 24: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali knew that Eve getting married wouldn’t change anything that much but It did mean the Eve was all set to assume the throne next when their parents passed. That meant that she wouldn’t have so much pressure on her or attention because she was just the second child. And she wouldn’t necessarily have to marry whoever was best for the kingdom, so Landon was still an option.
“Yeah.” She smiled and squeezed his hands gently, looking up at him. “I want to get back to seeing you most every night. I’ve missed you..”

Zayden normally wouldn’t have thought anything of the stranger. But he was a bit more on edge as he’d just been doing something extremely illegal and he wasn’t in his home country. He looked over at the girl as they neared one another and thought she’d looked familiar. “Evangeline?” He guessed gently, unsure. If it wasn’t her, he could easily pass it off as a mistaken identity or something.

message 25: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon smiled a bit, "I've missed you too, a lot." He assured in reply. After a moment he let go of one of her hands, and used his own now free hand to gently tuck a few strands of her hair behind her ear. He knew this was probably going to be last time he would get to see her until after the wedding as security was only bound to increase in the days leading up to it.

~

Determined just to keep on her way, Eve hadn't bothered to so much as get a quick glance at the person approaching, that is until she heard her name. Even then it was just a quick glance from her peripheral that was ineffective in catching any detail. For a moment her panic spiked and she could feel her heart rate increase. Just continue on as if you didn't hear. It was a solid idea, and it might of been entirely convincing if there hadn't been a split second of pause on her part. Maybe the person didn't notice that. She didn't dare to glance back and instead quickened her pace slightly.

message 26: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali blushed slightly and nodded. “Then I’ll stay out with you as long as I can tonight. Okay?” She offered, knowing that this would likely be the last time for a little bit that they would be able to get together until at least the wedding. She kept her other hand in his, loosely intertwining their fingers.

Zayden noticed her slight pause and guessed that it must be her. It definitely looked like her, even in the dim light. He turned around and caught up to her, matching pace with her. “What are you doing out here so late at night all alone..? It’s not safe Princess...” he told her softly, walking with her. He kept his arms at his side, not wanting to appear like a threat to her or scare her.

message 27: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments "Well, alright. . .as long as you're sure that is." He didn't really like the idea of her staying out super late. He knew how shady the kingdom got in the late hours, but he wasn't going to turn down a little extra time with her and he would be sure to accompany her back as far as he could anyway. Surely there would be no harm.

~

Now Eve really was panicking, her breath hitching at the word 'princess'. She still didn't dare to look over to the person now following, still trying to grasp at the smooth getaway that was now threatening to slip through her hands. It struck her that the voice sounded somewhat familiar, but she couldn't quite place it. She kept her head down, adjusting the hood on her cloak so it further covered her features. "I really think you have the wrong person, sorry." She murmured, quickening her pace a bit more again. As her internal panic continued to pull at her she could feel the all too familiar tingling sensation building in her fingertips which only worked to increase her panic more.

message 28: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments “I know that you won’t let anything bad happen to me Landon. And I won’t let anything happen to you. I’m sure we’ll be fine.” Ali reassured with a gentle smile, not having a clue about the current panicked search going on through the castle and grounds, looking for her and her sister.

Zayden sighed and kept up with her. “It’s Zayden, Evangeline... If you’d look at me, I know you’ll recognize me..” he told her gently. “And even if I am mistaken, which I’m sure I’m not, at least let me accompany you to where you’re going, just to make sure you’re safe.” He added, trying to have a reason to keep up with her, even if she wouldn’t admit who she truly was.

message 29: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon sighed. "I know, you're right." He nodded in acceptance of the statement. ". . . guess I need to work a bit on the overly cautious thing." It was something that had sort of developed since he had started training, he imagined it came with the occupation really. He smiled again, "Well, no use on dwelling on that now, I'll have plenty of time to work on such a flaw, but only limited time to spend with you." For now he pushed his worries aside, deciding to just enjoy Ali's company.

~

Zayden. As soon as she heard it she knew it to be true. She stopped abruptly in her tracks, and slowly forced herself to look as confirmation. A million thoughts were now running through her mind. It was too much. This was too much. She hadn't planned for anything like this. "No. . . No you were not set to be in the kingdom yet, I-" her sentence cut off as she thought to the scene she had left behind. She instinctively touched the hand wrapped in the strip of silky fabric. The wound beneath it still throbbed and the fabric it's self was saturated with crimson. That was the least of her worries now though. "You shouldn't be here." She choked out, barely above a whisper. ". . . I can't be here."

message 30: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ari smiled at him. “It’s not really a flaw. It could be helpful down the line..” she commented. “But anyways, where to tonight?” She asked curiously, following his lead. They had a few regular spots that they’d go to just to sit and talk and whatever else. She didn’t care much about where they went, just as long as they were together.

Zayden frowned. “I know. It’s a long story. But it’s not important now.” He said softly. “What’s going on? Your hand is bleeding and you’re in peasant clothes. What are you running from?” He asked. He bit his lip at how she said she couldn’t be here. He stayed by her side, not touching her but just being close enough to hopefully provide a bit of comfort.

message 31: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments "Well. . ." Landon said, starting off in the proper direction of the place he had in mind, "I thought we might opt for a bit of a change in scenery, that is as long as you don't have any objections." He didn't imagine she would, but he was the type to always ask instead of automatically assume.
~

Eve barely processed his questions at first, her mind still busy on its own. This whole plot had been dumb, poorly executed and planned, a product of pure despiration and now even it was crashing down around her. She suddenly became aware of the short-ish distance between herself and Zayden and backed a good five paces away from him, not trusting herself with her emotions running high. "I- I don't have time to explain. I'm sorry I-" she couldn't find adequate words. "Please, just go." She rushedly begged, "You're not safe. Forget you ever saw me tonight."

message 32: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ari smiled faintly at how he was always checking with her to make sure whatever they did was okay. “Yeah. That’s fine.” She assured, keeping her hand in his. She walked with him to wherever they were going, looking around a bit.

Zayden shook his head. “I’m not going to just leave you alone out here in this part of town at night..” he said stubbornly. He offered her his hand. “I know somewhere we can go, get out of the cold and just be there for the night. And you can talk to me about what’s going on. Okay? It’ll stay between us.”

message 33: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments As it was a bit of a walk to the location that he had in mind, Landon decided to try and keep the conversation going. " . . . I guess I forgot to ask earlier, how have things been for you, you know, ignoring the fact that the castle has been basically on lock down lately?" He asked curiously, genuinely interested. "Has anything interesting happened since the last time I saw you?"

~

Eve was ready to refuse right away, but she could tell that wouldn't be the end of it anyway. The longer she would stand here and try to bargain, the greater the chance of someone else seeing them would be. That was something that she absolutely could not afford. She stared at the hand he offered her for a few long moments, almost feeling frozen. ". . . Fine." She answered at last. " I'll go with you for now, but I'm not promising how long I'll stay." She however made no move to take his hand. It wasn't any fault of his, but rather a result of her own fear.
She knew that this little run in had and was continuing to cost her precious time, but there was really no choice in the matter. And he did deserve some sort of explanation.

message 34: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali shrugged at him. “Nothing much. everything is focused on Eve so I’ve been left to my own devices, just with extra security..” she explained as they walked together. “There’s not much interesting going on at least for me.” She added, looking around. “What about you? What’s happened since we last met up?” Ali looked up at him.

Zayden stood by her as he waited for her to make up her mind. “I can get you wherever you need to go, as long as you tell me at least the important parts of why your hand is bloody and you’re dressed in different clothes and are clearly are running from something.” He assured.
He let his hand fall back to his side and started walking with her. “I’ll keep you safe from whatever it is...” he said, honestly worried about her and what was going on.

message 35: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon nodded, listening to her. When she asked about what had been going on in his life he had to think for a moment. "Nothing noteworthy I'm afraid, lots of early mornings and cleaning up other people's messes as usual." That's what tended to happen when you showed any level of responsibility. "It all sort of runs together really." As he said it he realized that he really couldn't split the events of one day from the next, his routine was quite mundane.

~

Eve took a deep breath in attempt to calm her nerves a bit. There really was no good way to put this, so instead of trying to sugar coat the situation she came right out with a blunt but vague answer. "I don't know exactly where I'm going." She admitted, "But I need to leave the kingdom, I can't stay here . . . It's sort of a long story. And while it is admirable that you would be willing to attempt to keep me safe, I'm afraid it's nothing you can really help with."

message 36: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali nodded slightly. “That’s understandable though. You’re just stuck and going through all the training right now..” she commented softly, guessing that it all was just really boring and repetitive for him. She rubbed his hand as they kept walking together. “How much longer is left of your training anyways?” She asked curiously, thinking that he’d probably told her and she couldn’t remember. Her mind was constantly distracted by other stuff.

Zayden frowned at her. “I doubt that...” he said gently. “I don’t know what’s going on but I’m sure that I can help with it in some way.” He told her as they walked together. He led her back to the pub from earlier, knowing it was relatively safe for them there. “Why can’t you stay here anymore?..”

message 37: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments "Yeah." Landon sighed, "I guess you're right . . . It'll get better eventually." He had had to think for a moment when she asked how much longer his training would take, not really remembering the answer himself. ". . . I think around four more months" He concluded. " but I'm not entirely sure." He admitted. "It depends on how things go really." He glanced around at their current location and figured they had about a minute of walking left until they would reach the spot he had in mind.

~

Eve glanced around the surroundings as they walked. She highly doubted that he had any real help to offer her but she kept that doubt to herself. She was sort of shocked when she realized the destination they had been walking to was a pub. That didn't exactly scream 'safety' to her but she figured he knew what he was doing. At hearing his question she bit her bottom lip for a moment. It was the question that she had been dreading though she knew it was going to untimately be unavoidable. "Well, for starters I might of faked my own kidnapping and or death tonight." She dropped in an almost casual manner. That was after all the most mundane event of this whole situation.

message 38: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ari glanced at him. “That’s not too much longer at least.” She Agreed with a slight smile. “And by then, as long as you’re doing well, I can probably get you on the royal guard so there’s be less sneaking around.” She added, gently kissing his hand. She knew that just being with him was breaking a ton of the rules she was supposed to follow but her mind was still stuck that she was the younger one and wouldn’t have any responsibility as a royal so she might as well just do what she enjoyed.

Zayden turned to her and raised an eyebrow. “You might have faked your own death? That’s not really a might of thing. You either did or didn’t. And I’m guessing based on your outfit, you did.” He told her softly. He kept walking with her, opening the door and leading her inside the quiet pub. Most people had left already so it was nearly empty.

message 39: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments He shook his head. Although they had not quite yet reached the destination, Landon slowed to a stop and turned to face her. "I can't ask you to do that, Ali." He softly stated. "I know it would be the simple solution, but it also wouldn't be right . . . I don't want someone behind the scenes pulling strings for me. I want to know that wherever I end up, it's because I worked for it and that I'm actually good enough to be there." He smiled a bit, "besides, you should know by now that, one way or another, I will always find a way to see you."

~

Eve sighed, following him inside. "Alright . . . so I one hundred percent did. Wide open window, blood soaked fabric ripped from the dress I had been wearing, the whole shebang." She took a quick glance around the pub. This was most definitely the first time she had stepped foot into such an establishment. ". . . So you see why I obviously can't stay?"

message 40: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali looked up at him, biting her lip. “I know you wouldn’t ask. I’m just offering though.” She said faintly. She listened to the rest of what he said. “I know that you want to end up where you end up because of your own work and that you’ll find a way. I just don’t want you to have to keep risking yourself in order to see me. And I really like the idea of you being there all the time so I can see you whenever, without the scheduling and planning..” she added softly, rubbing his hand with her thumb.

Zayden led her over to a table and took a seat. He frowned. “Okay. No. I don’t see. why did you fake your kidnapping then? What are you running away from?” He replied. “Are you running from our wedding?” He questioned.

message 41: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments "It is a risk that's more than well worth it and that I am glad to take." He assured, bringing his free hand up to rest gently on her cheek. "I will get there eventually, as soon as I possibly can, I promise you that. . ." His statement trailed off for a short moment. "It just might take a bit longer than the express way, that's all"

~

His last question caught her a little off guard, though it really shouldnt have. "What? No! . . . Well, yes, but not really." Eve let out a long exhale as she sat down, having almost confused even herself with that. "It's . . . It's complicated." She murmured in reply, not even knowing where she could start. Now that she wasn't focused on moving she could feel the real toll of the last few days threatening to catch up to her.

message 42: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali looked up at him. She gently leaned into his touch, closing her eyes for a moment before opening them to look at him again. “Okay. And I’ll wait for you. However long it takes. There’s no plans to marry me off anytime soon..” she assured softly, mimicking his actions and gently cupping his cheek with her hand.

Zayden nodded. “Alright.” He said softly. “I get that it’s complicated. But I bet I can help. You just have to talk to me and tell me what actually is going on.” He told her softly. “It’ll stay between us and I’ll make sure you get to where you want to go. But I can’t do that if I don’t know what’s happening..”

message 43: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments For that fact he was thankful, her birth order was about the only thing that was in their favor in all of this. He couldn't even imagine how horrible having the added stress of the possibility of Ali being married off would be, luckily that wasn't an impending issue. "I'll try to not keep you waiting long." He assured with a slight smile. "I know how much you usually detest waiting."

~

Eve sat in silence a long moment, debating on if she should tell him. She realized that at this point her chances of making it out of the kingdom on her own had dropped even lower than they had been originally. If there was any hope of salvaging this at best half baked plan, she was going to need a little help . . . and that would require explaining. Was that something that she would be able to do though? She took a deep breath, knowing that it would have to be. " . . . A few days ago we had a bit of a scare at the castle." She began slowly. "A servant, one of my maids, died unexpectedly in my presence.  At first it was theorized that magic was involved. That I had been the real target, but something had gone wrong on the attackers end . . . So everything was put on lock down for a while, but nothing was ever found. Eventually it was dropped and ruled as stemming from natural causes . . . but that isn't true, they were right at first. Partially anyway." From here there was no longer a rehearsed story to give, just raw truth that would be difficult for her to speak of aloud. She had to take a moment to try and gather her thoughts.

message 44: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali smiled and rolled her eyes. “True. I do detest waiting. But for you, I’d wait however long I need to.” She reassured. “There’s nobody else that I’d be running off to find, it’s always just you.” She added, smiling gently. She leaned up and gave him a light kiss on the cheek. When she was with him, she pretty much abandoned all normal rules and customs, instead opting to just be real and do what she wanted to with him. At some point, if it was possible, she thought that she would like to marry Landon. They’d seen each other for months now and nobody else she’d met as possible suitors interested her like he did.

Zayden sat with her and waited patiently for her to start talking. He listened intently, nodding occasionally. He already had a guess at what happened, thinking that she must have some bit of magic in her, but he didn’t mention it. He would rather wait politely and let her tell him in her own time. He took a breath and waited, watching her.

message 45: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon smiled "glad to know that I don't have any competition to worry about then." He joked. He suddenly became aware that they had stopped just short of reaching their destination and let his hand resting on her cheek drop back to his side after lingering just a moment more. "Speaking of waiting, we have yet to reach tonight's destination, but we're almost there."

~

After a moment Eve continued. "It was indeed magic . . . just not intentionally targeted at me or anyone else for that matter." She took a shaky breath, now looking down to the surface of the table rather than at him. She couldn't quite bring herself to come out and definitively say it, instead leaving it open for him to build his own inferences from. ". . . I thought if I just ignored it . . . I didn't mean to hur-" she stopped herself mid sentence, biting her bottom lip for a moment before correcting herself. "Kill. I didn't mean to kill her."

message 46: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments Ali rolled her eyes. “There was never any competition. You’d win against any and all that there could possibly be.” She assured with a smile. She pouted a bit to mess with him when he took his hand away but smiled again after a moment. “Alright. Lead the way then.” She looked around as she walked with him.

Zayden remained quiet, being patient with her as she tried to get the words out. “Alright. So you’ve got some magic in you..” He said faintly, willing to speak directly about it rather than talk around it. “You can learn to control it Evangeline... it’s not the end of the world.” He sssured her.

message 47: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments Landon started leading the way again. By now they had passed most of the buildings and were headed towards the first big hill past the main part of the kingdom that had yet to be built upon. "It's a bit of a climb." He warned, "but the view is totally worth it." 

~

"Maybe not the end of the world, but the end of my world." Eve murmured. She took a deep breath and forced the worst of her thoughts away, doing her best to regain some shred of her normally calm and orderly composure. At least bringing up the topic had made her sure of one thing: something did need to be done if she didn't want a repeat of such an incident in the future. She hadn't even planned anything past escaping through her bedroom window. Dumb. She forced herself to straighten a bit, ". . . I do suppose in theory you are right." She said, managing to sound a bit less like a scared little girl and more like the ruler she had been groomed to become. "However, putting it to practice would be another issue entirely. I can't exactly teach myself such a thing, and I can't enlist any form of outside help." She lowered her voice a bit, just incase. "If the people of this kingdom were to find out that one of their own princesses posseses such abilities while we have such policies against magic in place there would be a full blown riot. It's already unsteady as it is. . ."

message 48: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments “That’s okay. It shouldn’t be too challenging.” Ari assured him. She never wanted to look like she weak or anything in front of him. She feared that would make him think that he needed to be there for her when she Really just wanted him there because he wanted to be there. She followed him, her hand loosely in his.

message 49: by Fallen Catalyst (new)

Fallen Catalyst (fallencatalyst) | 11803 comments (Could/should Zayden have some abilities as well?)

message 50: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (papergalaxies) | 2492 comments ((Whatever you want, though it might make a bit more sense for him to be more directly involved in it like that.))

Landon took the climb up the hill slow, knowing that she wouldn't complain even if was a struggle for her. He wasn't in any big rush to reach the top any way. They still had a good ammount of time left. After a bit they finally reached the top which overlooked the rest of the kingdom.

« previous 1 3