Andover Public Library, Kansas discussion

Favorite Books > Favorite Read 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tom (last edited Dec 06, 2018 09:18AM) (new)

Tom Taylor (wichitatimelord) | 6 comments Mod
What is your favorite book that you read in 2018?

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom Taylor (wichitatimelord) | 6 comments Mod
Noir

message 3: by Dawna (new)

Dawna Raehpour (dawna1221) I’m not sure I can narrow it down to one book! I adored Love Does by Bob Goff, Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown, and Tell Me More by Kelly Corrigan.

message 4: by Tomi (new)

Tomi Adelson | 2 comments Sweep: The Story of a Girl and her Monster

message 5: by Jackie (last edited Dec 08, 2018 09:18PM) (new)

Jackie | 5 comments Mod
The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer), Greatcoats (Sebastien de Castell), The Riyria Revelations (Michael J. Sullivan), Ready Player One (Ernest Cline), Rook (Sharon Cameron), Traitor's Masque (Kenley Davidson), and Heartstone (Elle Katherine White)

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara (librarysara) | 12 comments Mod
Jackie wrote: "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer), Greatcoats (Sebastien de Castell), The Riyria Revelations (Michael J. Sullivan), Ready Player One (Ernest Cline), Rook (Sharon ..."

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society is such a good book!

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara (librarysara) | 12 comments Mod
I really liked The Cases That Haunt Us and Lethal White!

message 8: by Kendra (new)

Kendra | 2 comments Mod
There are so many, but I'll list them all anyways.
- Untethered Soul by Michael A. Singer
- The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick
- Becoming Nicole by Amy Ellis Nutt

message 9: by Linder (new)

Linder (lvs1) | 1 comments Ok I feel free to cheat. I too cannot pick just one favorite book.
In nonfiction I was captivated by “ Hero of the Boer War, a Daring escape, and the Making of Winston Churchill” by Candice Millard. Despite the boring title, I found this hard to put down because Churchill’s escapades seem too bizarre to be true.

I have read several Jodi Piccoult books. “ Small Great Things” is my favorite. It made me think about my own biases regarding race. Very timely.

A pure thriller was “The Woman in the Window” by A. J. Finn. Reminded me of Hitchcock’s Rear Window. Don’t expect to get anything done when reading this.

I just read the “old” “Flowers for Algernon” by Daniel Keyes. It was poignant, sometimes funny and very thoughtful. It surprised me how timely this book, published in the 50 ‘s is today.