Romance Retreat discussion

Author Feed > Series... over them or love them?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Wyk (jennifervanwyk) | 17 comments I'll be the first to admit, I love a good series binge read. I love nothing more than falling in love with a standalone only to discover there are several more books following it up so I can stay immersed in their world.

message 2: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments i am the same way. I love standalones in a series. You get to see the other couples in each of the books that follow. Nice way to catch up. I can read a connected series but i hate having to wait to see what happens next, lol

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jennifershiflett) | 252 comments I love a series of stand-alones!

message 4: by Jessica T. (new)

Jessica T. I love a series of books. Once I find a book I love, I want to stay in that world for a while.

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments I feel the same..good stories can go on forever and I'd happily read them!

message 6: by Milly Jane (new)

Milly Jane Maven I love a good series of stand-alones too, it really bugs me when I find a series where the books end with cliff hangers though. It's great to be familiar with a scenario and setting, and I especially like it when an author takes a villain and makes him a hero in a later book!

message 7: by Luv (new)

Luv  | 21 comments I like standalones and it's okay if it's a series. It's the big fad now to write multiple series with a single theme (a location or a family). Some of these are growing weary and really should be put to bed. I'm definitely over multiple book series and I won't even buy or read those any more. Life's too short to wait for a book to be written that continues a cliffy story.