Play Book Tag discussion

In Bitter Chill (DC Connie Childs, #1)
This topic is about In Bitter Chill
Archive: Other Books > In Bitter Chill by Sarah Ward 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rachel N. | 1440 comments This book has an interesting premise but the editing is horrible. The plot is about two girls who are kidnapped in 1978 and only one returns. Rachel, the one who returned, remembers nothing about the kidnapping or what happened to her friend Sophie. Thirty years later Sophie's mother appears to commit suicide and a teacher at Rachel and Sophie's former school is murdered. The police investigate to see if the three events are connected.
The book has awful editing when it comes to time. Events that clearly are taking place in the same day are suddenly referred to as occurring yesterday. One characters wedding is a week away then suddenly in what is definitely the next day in the book his wedding is a day away. A character runs out of a wedding wearing a dress and arrives at the crime scene wearing pants. Did she somehow change while driving the car? During the same day the month is referred to as January and then February. I'm not sure who died first, Sophie's mom or the teacher because the order of events kept changing throughout the book. The characters are also not very well developed. I kept getting them confused and I couldn't remember half the time if they were new to the story or not.

message 2: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments So annoying when that happens. I understand it with self-published books because you might not have access to thorough beta readers but it doesn’t say much for the commercial publisher here...

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7229 comments I give you applause for finishing it-if by the 4th chapter if am feeling the book will fall below three stars, I rarely continue

message 4: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7692 comments Awful editing is the worst!