Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Christmas Party?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I asked in the birthdays if you would like a Christmas Party; no one replied . So do you?

message 2: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson | 64 comments I didn't see the comment but yes, sounds fun.

message 3: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments sorry I am so behind would love to have a Christmas Party. This weather (over 100) sure tells us its coming up to Christmas time.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Lyn,
Sorry I missed your comment. It sounds like fun.

message 5: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "sorry I am so behind would love to have a Christmas Party. This weather (over 100) sure tells us its coming up to Christmas time."

Ausjenny,
Your hot and we are damp and rainy with a little chill.

message 6: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
Deanne wrote: "I didn't see the comment but yes, sounds fun."

Okay-How about Dec 19th, a Weds? Would you like me to do the usual and come up with a historical setting? Any suggestions?

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments That sounds good. We could go and get a tree for the Lodge unless we visit Ausjenny and then it is summer.

message 8: by Deanne (new)

Deanne Patterson | 64 comments Lyn wrote: "Deanne wrote: "I didn't see the comment but yes, sounds fun."

Okay-How about Dec 19th, a Weds? Would you like me to do the usual and come up with a historical setting? Any suggestions?"

I don't have any suggestions but your idea sounds great.

message 9: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Melinda not sure what they did in Colonial times here but I do know here most towns will have a Carols event for the town. Ours is Carols in the Square and its run by the Ministers Fraternal now so most songs are Christian Carols which I think makes it more special. There is sometimes a play and items but a lot of community singing.

Our church also go caroling to shut in members and the older members of the church. We use to go on a truck and sit on hay bales but that is now against the law. I am sure you do caroling or they did in the older days in America on sleighs. The big thing for many on Christmas is the traditional game of backyard cricket.

message 10: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Melinda not sure what they did in Colonial times here but I do know here most towns will have a Carols event for the town. Ours is Carols in the Square and its run by the Ministers Fraternal now so..."

Thanks for sharing. I have wonder what you did for Christmas Down Under. It sounds like fun. We go to Nursing homes and older members of the community who can not get out much and carol as having Christmas Programs in the church. we always go to church service on Christmas Eve.