Challenge Corner discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Challenge Archives > Reading Goals 2019

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
With January fast approaching, here is the place to post any goals you're setting for your reading in the new year. Hopefully we can encourage each other to stay motivated.

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'm aiming for either 730 (or two a day) or 1000. Very ambitious but with no more pets I think I can manage it.

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Eck I have set myself a few goals for 2019 (they're not nearly as ambitious as Bookbuyer's, though :D):

- I want to read at least 3 books a months, so at least 39 in 2019, considering that there are some long books on my TBR I don't want to set a higher goal.
- I want to read at least five classics, I haven't read too many classics lately and I want to change that.
- I want to read more mangas again, so in addition to 3 novels a month, I want to read at least one manga.
- I want to read at least five graphic novels (also in addition to the 3 novels and the manga).

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "I have set myself a few goals for 2019 (they're not nearly as ambitious as Bookbuyer's, though :D):

- I want to read at least 3 books a months, so at least 39 in 2019, considering that there are s..."

Got to keep up with Alaina lol. I think her goal is going to be like 1500. I'll never manage that in 2019 even if I read a ton of manga but maybe 730 in manageable. ^-^

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Oooh What manga do you like?

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Eck 1500? Wow :D

I like mangas like "Death Note", "Pet Shop of Horrors", which is my favorite manga series, "Tokyo Babylon", "Angel Sanctuary", "God Child" ... , So basically Fantasy, Yaoi/Shounen-ai, drama ... :)

I'm really looking forward to reading "Monster" by Naoki Urasawa. I just ordered all 8 volumes of the Perfect Edition and can't wait for them arrive :3

What mangas do you read?

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "1500? Wow :D

I like mangas like "Death Note", "Pet Shop of Horrors", which is my favorite manga series, "Tokyo Babylon", "Angel Sanctuary", "God Child" ... , So basically Fantasy, Yaoi/Shounen-ai..."

Yup she is a reading Goddess. :)

Cool those are some of my favorite genres too. I tend to prefer more adult yaoi. One of my favorite is Totally Captivated, Volume 1 (Totally Captivated #1) by Hajin Yoo

I read romance, shoujo, comedy, drama, fantasy, yaoi, mature, josei on occasion.

My all time favorite manga is Skip Beat.

message 8: by Jessica (last edited Dec 09, 2018 12:32PM) (new)

Jessica Eck I also like adult yaoi, my favorite is the Finder series by Ayano Yamane. I haven't read "Totally Captivated" yet but it sounds really interesting. Thanks vor the Tip ^-^

Maybe I should set my manga goal for 2019 a bit higher :D

message 9: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 09, 2018 12:33PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "I also like adult yaoi, my favorite is the finder series by Ayano Yamane. I haven't read "Totally Captivated" yet but it sounds really interesting. Thanks vor the Tip ^-^

Maybe I should set my man..."

I love the Finder series! As long as it's not a really young looking guy or super macho looking I like all yaoi. :)

I always go for ambitious. You can always change it as the year goes on too. Either bump it up or down. ^-^

message 10: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments Ooh, I don't usually set myself reading goals as I've only just gotten back into it this year but might as well try it for 2019 :)

1) I'd like to continue my goal of 52 books a year :) I definitely surpassed that this year but I think, as long as I'm reading about a book a week I'll be happy especially with my final year of university coming up!

2) I'm in the process of creating a list of 19 books that I want to read next year that have been on my TBR/bookshelf for the longest time but haven't gotten round to yet. I had this really bad habit of buying a ton of books which go unread. My year abroad has definitely helped stop that and I'm using the library all the time but that still leaves about 100 or so books I haven't gotten round to back home!

3) I'd like to read at least 1 classic a month. I definitely read a lot more of them while at school but not so much in recent years :( I'm very conscious that while I'm reading a lot more, I'm not challenging myself and that's something I want to change :)

I'll edit this if I think of anything else but I think those are my main ones! I definitely want to participate in more of the group challenges on here though, very glad I found you guys!

message 11: by Lori (new)

Lori | 9 comments I’m aiming for 60, which will be a huge difference to the past couple of years but not years ago.

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 51562 comments Mod
How is everyone doing goal wise this year??

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.