Challenge Corner discussion

Challenge Archives > TEAM Quarterly - Biggest Loser Signups!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 413 (413 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Dec 06, 2018 11:46AM) (new)

Felicia | 15005 comments Mod
Biggest Loser Challenge!
HAPPY ALMOST NEW YEAR GUYS! So we, the mods, wanted to do something different for 2019. We are actually going to make two quarterly challenges from now on. YES, TWO! One will have teams and the other will be all solo!

So you may or may not have heard of the show, “The Biggest Loser.” If you have, then you know that everyone is divided up into teams and the goal is to lose the most weight in every weekly check in.

This is a team only challenge. There is no option to go solo. When signing up please comment if you want to be your teams captain. Captains will be responsible for their teams weekly check ins. (see below for info on check-ins) Please DO NOT sign up to be captain if you will not be available for your teams check-ins every week. Teams can have co-captains to divide up responsibilities. This will need to be decided amongst teams.

Each member when signing up needs to comment how many books they will read each month.

For example:
Member will read 10 books in January, 15 in February, and 7 in March.

Teams will be split based on the amount of books each person says they will read. We want to make this first quarterly team challenge as evenly matched as possible. We want members to enjoy this challenge, as it is our first time doing a quarterly team challenge. So please be honest when saying how many books you plan to read each month. And remember about any holidays that happen throughout the months of the challenge.

For this challenge, you won’t be losing weight.. BUT you will be losing page points. Yeah, this is a page point challenge - we all know you love them! Each team will start off at the same weight (aka page points) and you all have 3 months to lose this “weight.”

Participants will be split into teams, as evenly as possible. Each team will start off with a weight of 7,500 page points to lose. That doesn’t mean pages, we are talking about the page points!

Page Points
100 - 149 pages → 1 pt
150 - 249 pages → 2 pts
250 - 349 pages → 3 pts
350 - 449 pages → 4 pts
450 - 549 pages → 5 pts
550+ pages → 6 pts

Buddy Reads will DOUBLE your page points.
BOTM will TRIPLE your page points.

This challenge will have weekly check-ins as well. Weeks will start on Tuesdays and end on Mondays. Check-ins must be made every Monday before 11:59pm (EST since Felicia lives in NY) At the start of each week, teams will be given a weekly goal (for example, you need to lose 50 pts this week). So, every Monday each team will have their captain or co-captain do their check in. It doesn’t matter if you reached the goal or not that week - you still have to check in. However, if you do finish the goal before Monday’s check in, you are more than welcome to add your teams check in early.

Teams will not be penalized for not reaching the weekly goal. However, if teams meet the goal they will get extra weight taken off depending on how far they passed that said goal and on how easy (or hard) the goal was.

This challenge will go from January 1st to March 31st. The team with the lowest weight at the end of the challenge will be the winners!

Please comment if you would like to participate or if you have any questions about this challenge. When signing up please comment if you want to be your teams captain.

The general challenge rules can be found here.

message 2: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Dec 20, 2018 08:07AM) (new)

Tracking:

C - Felicia 20-25 books per month
C - Alaina 50 book per month
C - Andy 30 per month
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month
C - Jessica 30 per month
Emelie 3-5 per month
Brittany 15-20 per month
Agne 15-20 per month
Damselflies Jan 2, Feb & March 4-6
Jamie Jan 5-8, Feb & March 6-14
C? - Cristina Jan-Feb 5, March 3-4
Aly 20 per month
C? - Ella 4 per month
Ivana 5 per month
Kelli 7-8 per month
Caroline 5 per month
Jenn 12 per month
Vicki 25-30 per month
C - Nicole 40-50 per month
Charley Girl 5 per month
Erica 10-15 per month
Keri 5-6 per month
Anna 7-8 per month
Sierra 2 per month
C - Jennifer 10 per month
Celia 5-10 per month
C - Jammin Jenny 40 per month
Liz 1-2 per month
C - Amanda Setasha 5-10 per month

message 3: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 06, 2018 06:38AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I will read about 5-7 books a month. I don't want to be captain but if my team doesn't have one I can step up. I just won't be around at the end of December beginning of January.

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 60773 comments Mod
yooo sign me tf up

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

# of books? Like 50? lmao.

message 6: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Bookbuyer wrote: "I will read about 5-7 books a month. I don't want to be captain but if my team doesn't have one I can step up. I just won't be around at the end of December beginning of January."

you could always appoint co captains so the responsibilty of checking in doesn't fall on one person.

Or if your team decides to be all involved then anyone could really check in. As long as it's done.

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

# of books? Like 50? lmao."

sure, a little light reading sounds amazing. 50 it is my lord.

message 8: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

Lmfao. Twin, we're awful. Neither of us followed the directions. Lol. I need to know how many you are going to read. -.-

message 9: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments 30 per month. I am willing to be captain.

message 10: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Felicia wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "I will read about 5-7 books a month. I don't want to be captain but if my team doesn't have one I can step up. I just won't be around at the end of December beginning of January."..."

True. :) I'll be around for 3/4 of the challenge just not that first week much. So I can hunt down the people who don't check in mid way kind of thing. :)

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

Lmfao. Twin, we're awful. Neither of us followed the directions. Lol. I need to know how many you are going to read. -.-"

YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I READ! Plus I already said, 50 sounds good to me.

message 12: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited Dec 06, 2018 06:42AM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Bookbuyer wrote: "Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

# of books? Like 50? lmao."

sure, a little light reading sounds amazing. 50 it is my lord."

I have obviously been too easy. 500 I say! 500!!!!

Bwahahahahhaha

message 13: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "yooo sign me tf up"

Lmfao. Twin, we're awful. Neither of us followed the directions. Lol. I need to know how many you are going to read. -.-"

All of us are just too impatient to read the rules! lol. :P

message 14: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "30 per month. I am willing to be captain."

O.o That is a crazy amount Jessica. GL! What is your yearly goal going to be? One a day? ^-^

message 15: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 443 comments Yup

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Jessica wrote: "Yup"

Mine is two a day but I don't know if I'll manage it. I need to add in a lot more manga than I have right now to manage it. I just have too many books I want to read and I keep getting approved for ARCS! :S

message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Felicia wrote: "
Tracking:

Felicia
Alaina 1 book per month LMFAO
Andy
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month
Jessica 30 per month - C"

..twin, 1 book a month is TOO MUCH!

message 18: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "
Tracking:

Felicia
Andy
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month

..twin, 1 book a month is TOO MUCH!"

Well .5 books wouldn't count so you HAVE TO READ ONE TWIN!

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "
Tracking:

Felicia
Andy
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month

Put her down for .1 Felicia. :P

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "
Tracking:

Felicia
Andy
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month

Well .5 books wouldn..."

so much pressure.. i'm freaking out!

message 21: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Felicia wrote: "
Tracking:

Felicia
Andy
Bookbuyer 5-7 per month

Well..."

lol. *hands her a brown paper bag to breath in while laughing*

message 22: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Oh BTW. Is there a thread for guessing the color of the goodreads goal thing and what our goodreads goal is in 2019? Or can I create one? :)

message 23: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Where'd Wolf's comment go?

message 24: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I checked and we didn't bury it. 🤔

message 25: by Emeli (last edited Dec 06, 2018 06:54AM) (new)

Emeli Webb | 62 comments I want to play
I Can Read between 3 and 5 books per month
No to captain

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Emelie wrote: "I want to play
I Can Read 4 books per month"

Hi Emelie! :)

message 27: by Brittany (new)

Brittany Risko (brisko) | 488 comments Oh gosh I can typically read about 15-20 books a month, give or take a few! (:

message 28: by Agne (new)

Agne | 1235 comments Ohhhhh sounds fun. Count me in. I’d say 15-20 books a month. :)

message 29: by Damselflies (new)

Damselflies | 456 comments I also want to play

January 2 (exam period for me so I dont dare to say any more)
February 4-6
March 4-6
I might be able to read more but I dont want to risk saying a number I dont end up reaching :)

message 30: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I am a bit more sketchy for how much I can read being in a new job location I have no idea how things will be in Feb or March
January I am going for about 5-8 books
Feb & March can be between 6-14 (goal is 8-10 tentatively) depending on down time at work. Sorry it is so hard to guess when I have no clue what to expect. I just know January will be low due to re-flooring some of our house (I get to do some tile cutting and grouting).

message 31: by Jamie (new)

Jamie Bookbuyer wrote: "Where'd Wolf's comment go?"

Comments be disappearing lately....

message 32: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT IF YOU WANT TO BE CAPTAIN :D

message 33: by Jamie (last edited Dec 06, 2018 11:49AM) (new)

Jamie I can co-captain if needed. Captain if your really need me to but would rather just play or be co. *Fingers crossed for a good team where that isn't a worry for non-participants.

message 34: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Cristina wrote: "This sounds so interesting! Absolutely down for the challenge *•*

January: about 5 books
February: about 5 books
March: about 3/4

(wouldnt mind being a captain, have never been one through sooo..."

The only thing extra that a captain has to do is check their team in every Monday. (:

Added ya!

message 35: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) for now i am going to join up my life is really hectic but will be less so after the weekend and i can properly see what I am letting myself in for

message 36: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 23402 comments Mod
I would like to join! I will probably read about 20 books a month.

message 37: by Ella (new)

Ella Grace | 263 comments I should read about 4 books a month (hopefully more but I want to under promise and over deliver on this). I can co-captain if someone needs help but I dont feel qualified to captain yet.

Ivana - Diary of Difference (diaryofdifference) Yaay, I'm in. 5 per month.

message 39: by Kelli (new)

Kelli (kk00) | 326 comments 7/8 per month for me. My work week is Friday-Monday and I go kinda MIA so I’ll be good with Monday check in, but don’t think it’d be wise to be a captain 😅

message 40: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 2039 comments I want to join! I would guess roughly 5 books per month. Would rather not captain.

message 41: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Marie (UK) wrote: "for now i am going to join up my life is really hectic but will be less so after the weekend and i can properly see what I am letting myself in for"

Before I can sign you up I need to know how many books you'll read per month.

message 42: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (tellingmelies) | 2367 comments You know I'm in! Hmm I'll say about 12 books per month

message 43: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Added everyone.

message 44: by Ella (new)

Ella Grace | 263 comments Felicia wrote: "Added everyone."

Thank you!

message 45: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3526 comments I'll play! I read 25-30 books a month.

message 46: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicolemeier111) | 1605 comments 40 to 50 a month I can be captain

message 47: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Ella wrote: "Felicia wrote: "Added everyone."

Thank you!"

<3

message 48: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Added everyone.

message 49: by Charley Girl (new)

Charley Girl (charleygirl9) | 678 comments 5 per month.

message 50: by Erica (new)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments Is it okay if we may read more one month and less the next? I would say on average 10-15 a month

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9