Historical Fictionistas discussion

Recommendations? > Stone age set in africa

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (damascst) | 16 comments I am looking for books about cradle of civilization era people (roughly 200-175,000 BCE) set in Africa.

message 2: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (linwearcamenel) | 27 comments Great Sky Woman is the only book I really know of from this time. I think it has a sequel too but I've only read the first one.

message 3: by Irene (new)

Irene Kessler | 40 comments I'm not sure this will fill your needs bur Clan of the Cave Bear was one of my favorites. It will certainly give you a feel for the times.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna (damascst) | 16 comments Irene wrote: "I'm not sure this will fill your needs bur Clan of the Cave Bear was one of my favorites. It will certainly give you a feel for the times."

Read that and almost all of the other books in the series.

message 5: by Irene (new)

Irene Kessler | 40 comments of course you did. if I think of anything else I'll post

message 6: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (molomonkey) | 103 comments Have you read Circles of Stone? I enjoyed the first two books of the trilogy. Didn’t get around to reading the third one.

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna (damascst) | 16 comments Jodi wrote: "Have you read Circles of Stone? I enjoyed the first two books of the trilogy. Didn’t get around to reading the third one."

I have not. Thank you!

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona Hurley (fiona_hurley) | 247 comments I haven't read Daughter of Kura: A Novel by Debra Austin, but it looks interesting.