Bookish Things discussion

Book/Series > The Harry Potter Series

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor (TaysInfiniteThoughts) (taysinfinitethoughts) This weeks books are the Harry Potter series. I think everyone is familiar with it and I can’t wait to hear your opinions on it. Let’s talk about which book is your favorite, which house you’re in, who is your favorite character etc.

Surprisingly I’ve only read the first to books so far (yes I plan to read the rest because they are really good). I am a Hufflepuff according to Pottermore. I can’t really pick a favorite character. They all seem to play a big role in the story. I love the way Rowling writes and I truly regret waiting this long to read them.

message 2: by Erin (new)

Erin Bembridge  (erinbelizabeth1) | 2 comments I love the Harry Potter series! I have read it at least three times!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 25 comments I love Harry Potter! As the new books were coming out, I reread each book in anticipation. I’ve introduced my kids to the HP world, and my youngest has just started reading them. Matter of fact, my first set of hard back books are falling apart. I’ve taken the covers of those that can’t be salvaged and put them up in my classroom. I bought a set of the British edition two years ago when I was in Canada because I wanted the “original” version. LOL... my Canadian relatives don’t understand why the title of the first book was changed for American readers, and frankly, either do I. The only thing Harry Potter that I don’t like is his world at Universal Studios in Orlando. That was a huge disappointment.

message 4: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) I love Harry Potter! I probably know more about it than most Harry Potter fans. I am a full fledged Potterhead. I am in Hufflepuff. My Patronus is a black bird. I play Chaser in quidditch. And I am in year 3. I am taking every class except for Divination, and Muggle Studies.

message 5: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Ha! Only a true Potterhead would. Sorry, "Potterhead" means that I am obsessed with HP. "Hufflepuff" is a Hogwarts(the school they go to) House(The school is divided into four sections called, "Houses"). A Patronus is a spell cast animal, that basically protects you from some evil spells. Quidditch is a game that is played on broomsticks. A Chaser tries to get a ball through one of three holes. There are seven years that people go to school. Year one starting at eleven. And since I turned fourteen after the start of school, I am still in year 3. And the other two are classes in the school. It would be to complicated to tell you what they are.So, there you have it.

Taylor (TaysInfiniteThoughts) (taysinfinitethoughts) Harper Nicole wrote: "Ha! Only a true Potterhead would. Sorry, "Potterhead" means that I am obsessed with HP. "Hufflepuff" is a Hogwarts(the school they go to) House(The school is divided into four sections called, "Hou..."

I'm also a Hufflepuff

message 7: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Ooo, goody! Do you get on Pottermore?

Taylor (TaysInfiniteThoughts) (taysinfinitethoughts) Harper Nicole wrote: "Ooo, goody! Do you get on Pottermore?"

Not as much as I would like.

message 9: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Yeah, I check every once in a while.

message 10: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Aw! Everyone should. I'm like made up of Harry Potter. It's in my blood. Lol