Play Book Tag discussion

Attachments
This topic is about Attachments
December 2018: Geek Reads > Attachments / Rainbow Rowell. 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8318 comments Lincoln is 28-years old and lives at home with his mom; he sometimes plays D&D on Saturdays with a group of friends. He took an IT job that he doesn’t like, and there’s really not much to do. He works the night shift (till midnight) and his main purpose is to read emails that have been flagged as going against company policy. It’s 1999 and the company (a newspaper) was late bringing email to the workplace. As Jennifer’s and Beth’s emails back and forth are constantly being flagged, Lincoln develops an interest in their conversations and neglects to bother warning them. He then falls for Beth…

I really enjoyed this! Almost all the characters were likable. I’m glad it ended the way it did. I’m more of an 80’s child, but many of the 90s references were fun, too! The only thing was that it seemed more like chatting or texting (with how short some of the emails were) rather than emails, but that’s a little thing.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Rainbow Rowell's books always seem to be memorable. Sorry to be a downer, but this has actually been my least favorite of hers- but I do remember it well. Very glad you liked it more than I did, and it is perfect for the tag this month!

LibraryCin | 8318 comments I thought it was great for this month, as well! I've read this and Eleanor & Park so far. I think I rated them the same. I'll have to see what else she has.

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 2 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Fangirl would also work super well for this month. I think I've only read that one also, in addition to some of her short stories.

LibraryCin | 8318 comments Joi wrote: "Fangirl would also work super well for this month. I think I've only read that one also, in addition to some of her short stories."

Ooh, thanks. I'm unlikely to read it this month, but I'm going to take a look for future.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Nice review. This sounds interesting. I chucked when I read this was a job he doesn't really like. This job would be something I found interesting.