2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Jennifer Will Read 12 Books in 2019

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (last edited Jan 03, 2020 03:49AM) (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments I'm trying to be more realistic for next year with my reading goals.....it's hard when there is so much in my TBR pile. Maybe I will surprise myself :)

I joined Goodreads in 2011, I still have books I added to my to read shelf from that year, meaning they have been on my list for 8 years as of 2019!!! Going to put those on the top of my list to read come January.

8/12
1. Daughter of Joy ***
2. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood***
3. The Faithful One**
4. Mercy***
5. Educated****
6. Angels Watching Over Me***
7. Little Black Sheep: A Memoir**
8. You Need a Budget: The Proven System for Breaking the Paycheck to Paycheck Cycle, Getting Out of Debt, and Living the Life You Want****

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Sounds like a nice goal Jennifer, doing 1 book a month. I started out with 12 books a year as well.

I have books that have been on my TBR forever as well. Will be needing a couple of lifetimes to finish them all lol

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Jennifer but above all I wish you a happy reading year! May you find some gems along the way.

message 3: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4091 comments I try to be really selective with the books I add to my tbr, and still there are way to many to read in the foreseeable future.

Good luck next year Jennifer! :)

message 4: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments I have books from 2012 however I've culled many throughout the years. I have to ask myself if I'm really going to read a certain book when I cull.

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments I am probably not as selective as I should be with my TBR list. My other problem is every time I start a book, I feel a need to finish it even if I find it boring or don’t really like it. Trying to break that pattern, if A book is not holding my attention it gets added to the did not finish list and that is that. Because otherwise it takes me months to get through when I could be reading something else....

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments My mom does the same thing. I usually skim books if I'm not liking it. I very rarely DNF. Although I did so this year because my pace slowed down considerably from last year so I rather move on to a book I'll like as well.

message 7: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments I have never been a huge fan of putting it on the DNF list (as I mentioned). But I gotta say when I stopped reading that book it felt sooo good lol. It was just not something that interested me but I thought it should.

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments 1 DOWN! Woot :-)

message 9: by Liz (new)

Liz | 24 comments Good luck 👍

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments I blame the fact that February only has 28 days on the reason that I did not finish Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood during said month. Really close to the end so hopefully I can stay on track

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 119 comments Ending May just 1 book behind....*sigh*

message 12: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4091 comments Jennifer wrote: "Ending May just 1 book behind....*sigh*"

There is still plenty of time to catch up! I am sure you can reach your goal this year :)