Oprah's Book Club (Official) discussion

Oprah's Book Club Selections > Michelle Obama's book

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (carolynstaub) | 1 comments Is this group working and active? I don't see much discussion of Michelle Obama's book on here. Am I missing something?

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Mabry | 14 comments Not nice... im a republican and feel we should stick to the book, literature and make an open hearted and open mind and attempt to read it fairly to understand Michelle Obama’s book. You dont have to agree with their policies to read it. Im saying this kindly and want to grow from my reading journey!😂😊

message 3: by Carol (new)

Carol | 42 comments I agree with you! I like her and want to know how it really was. All this negativity is really getting me down.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Keith (lisanorway) Cheryl, we don't need comments like yours on here. Go put your negative self on a Trump page and leave it off our Book Club.

message 5: by E.R. (new)

E.R. Joy (bethielovesbooks) The book was phenomenal....she really put her heart into it!

message 6: by Deborah (new)

Deborah | 4 comments My daughter brought me Becoming for Christmas. Starting now!!!

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 21 comments I have not finished the book yet, but I have enjoyed it so far! I never realized that she was as down to earth as the book brings out! I am a Republican and did not vote for Obama until his second term. I am hoping that the book stays as good as it is now!

message 8: by Donna (new)

Donna (dmi57) | 9 comments Want to Read It will get thur library.

message 9: by May (new)

May (mayzie) | 403 comments I received it for Christmas also! Can’t wait to get started!!

message 10: by HKelleyB (new)

HKelleyB (hkelleyb-editor) | 4 comments I received a copy for Christmas, and I'm looking forward to reading it in the new year. #Becoming

message 11: by Marianne (new)

Marianne | 27 comments Just finished reading it. I found it a great read

message 12: by . (new)

.  (gaia-reads) | 1 comments Can’t wait to buy it

message 13: by jeanette price (new)

jeanette price | 1 comments This book was a very good read for me! I love her transparency and ofcourse their love story!!! I'm glad I decided to get the audio version which made it quicker for new to read. So what's next on y'alls list?

message 14: by Ursula (new)

Ursula (bronx) I am currently listening to the audio book and only have 2 chapters left. I have to say that I really enjoyed this book. It gave me a better understanding of the day to day sacrifices that were made. I also enjoyed her honesty about the ups and downs that existed along the way for not only herself but her family.

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments Hi I'm Sarah. I'm still reading Michelle's book - onto Chapter 8. No spoilers but Becoming feels like we're walking in the shoes of Michelle Obama, from birth to where she is at right now. Her writing is remarkable - only that she uses decorous language, making me pause to look up the word for its meaning at times.

message 16: by May (new)

May (mayzie) | 403 comments Just started her book today... my first book of 2019!!

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna | 1 comments I read this book and loved it. Michelle gives an honest and thoughtful rendition of her life, both the ups and downs. I especially appreciated the angst when balancing her career and being a mother, which is something I think all working moms deal with. Of course, her love story with Barack Obama was an added plus. I recommend this book to all women.

message 18: by May (new)

May (mayzie) | 403 comments I’m thoroughly enjoying her candor! Her honesty is refreshing!

message 19: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 7 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi I'm Sarah. I'm still reading Michelle's book - onto Chapter 8. No spoilers but Becoming feels like we're walking in the shoes of Michelle Obama, from birth to where she is at right now. Her writ..."
Sounds like something I need to read on my Kindle. I'll get it there and thank you for the head's up.

Lorrea - WhatChaReadin'? (whatchatreadin) | 275 comments I won the book over the Christmas Holiday. Trying to find a place to fit it into my reading schedule.

message 21: by ✿✿✿May (last edited Jan 04, 2019 07:58AM) (new)

✿✿✿May  | 2 comments I loved, loved, loved the book! I got the audiobook through my library and it felt like she was in my living room telling me her story :) And also very excited to have a ticket to see her in May when she is in Toronto, Canada!

message 22: by May (new)

May (mayzie) | 403 comments Loved Michelle Obama’s book!!!

message 23: by Kris (new)

Kris (krisg11) | 3 comments E.R. wrote: "The book was phenomenal....she really put her heart into it!"
I agree. Such an interesting life, coming from so little, she really made the most.

message 24: by Kris (new)

Kris (krisg11) | 3 comments Dianne wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hi I'm Sarah. I'm still reading Michelle's book - onto Chapter 8. No spoilers but Becoming feels like we're walking in the shoes of Michelle Obama, from birth to where she is at right..." Dianne, I decided to get the Kindle too, and was able to go back and forth between Kindle and book. Excellent read.

message 25: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie Hunter | 1 comments I just completed the book...
excellent read!

message 26: by Karen (new)

Karen Lomax | 1 comments I preordered the book for me and my mom and started reading it right away. It's so inspiring and enlightening. Mrs Obama has a lovely writing style, and I also have the book on Audible so it's like story time whenever I read the book. I'm on chapter 20 and don't want it to end. Really want to meet her when she comes to Atlanta but tickets are completely sold out! I'm now on the wait list!

message 27: by Dianne (new)

Dianne Mck. (diannemck) | 7 comments Kris wrote: "Dianne wrote: "Sarah wrote: "Hi I'm Sarah. I'm still reading Michelle's book - onto Chapter 8. No spoilers but Becoming feels like we're walking in the shoes of Michelle Obama, from birth to where ..."

I decided to go with Audible on this one. Michelle is the narrator and I'm loving it.

message 28: by Brian (new)

Brian Nelson | 2 comments I'm about to get started reading her book I have great anticipation and love the comments regarding this book and our great former first lady

message 29: by Saumya (new)

Saumya Dave | 4 comments Brian wrote: "I'm about to get started reading her book I have great anticipation and love the comments regarding this book and our great former first lady"

I love this book SO much and am taking my time with it because I don't want it to end. Hope you enjoy!

message 30: by Berry (new)

Berry | 2 comments I gave this book five stars just because there aren't six!! A very interesting inspiring story.

message 31: by Mary (new)

Mary (mw8019) | 21 comments I am Republican and love Barrack and Michelle very much! They were a great presidential couple! One of the best we have had in a long time!

message 32: by Lory (new)

Lory Sakay | 8 comments Guess I missed the derogatory comment implied earlier on. I read Becoming a few months ago—a bit reluctantly, as I despise politics- and found it to be very inspiring and well done. Would recommend to anyone, regardless of political affiliation.

message 33: by Ikechukwu (new)

Ikechukwu Joseph (ikechukwujoseph) | 80 comments RT pse #GreatRead #Mermaid Pollutions (the Lost #Angels) https://amzn.to/2MApIgh #KindleUnlimited #Kindlebook #Amazon

message 34: by Philip (new)

Philip Inegbedion | 1 comments Just finished reading it...found so many life lessons embedded in each chapter.