I Read Comic Books discussion

Thanksgiving Weekend/Cyber Monday Sales

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nick (new)

Nick | 39 comments How did all of your wallets fare after the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales (especially Comixology's offerings)?

Did any of you manage to score some sweet deals, or find yourself drowning in 17 omnibuses of some Silver Age Batman?

Or were you a smart, prudent person, and had a friend change your Wi-fi password until the week was through?

message 3: by Nick (new)

Nick | 39 comments Oh man, wasn't like Multiversity only like $5? Yeah, that was a great deal. I still need to finish Seven Soldiers, started that a while ago, but boy did it require a lot of Googling.

But it's Grant Morrison doing a DC Comics book...so Googling is more or less obligatory.

As for that fabled Marvel sale...if you're talking about the one where I throw all of that year's Star Wars titles in my cart, crying the entire time...then I both eagerly await/strongly fear its return.

message 4: by Erin (new)

Erin (panelparty) | 214 comments Mod
I hope Marvel has another huge sale! I got sooooo many books for only a dollar, it was amazing.

Black Friday was entirely too much for me, and of course right as I finished up binge buying Comixology sent me a $10 off of $20 coupon, so I was back for more. A lot of what I ended up with is on my planned reading for next year so I considered it getting ahead of the game, and not complete financial irresponsibility.

After the madness of never-ending comic sales I ended up with:
Good Dog, Cerberus! Vol. 1
The Last Unicorn
The Story of My Tits
Fence Vol. 1
Kid Lobotomy, Vol. 1: A Lad Insane
Punks Not Dead, Vol. 1: Teenage Kicks
Anthony Bourdain's Hungry Ghosts
Lumberjanes: The Infernal Compass
Giant Days 2017 Holiday Special #1
Where We Live: Las Vegas Shooting Benefit Anthology
Brave Chef Brianna
Twisted Romance Volume 1
Aquicorn Cove
The Wicked + The Divine: 1373
The Wicked + The Divine: The Funnies

And because I am unable to control myself and had a bad day at work I ended up picking up a bunch of stuff last night as well:
Grumble #1
Die #1
Middlewest #1
LaGuardia  #1
Mera: Queen of Atlantis

Better than drowning myself in a kiddie pool filled with gin, but still a little irresponsible with Christmas around the corner - oh well!