Movies We've Just Watched discussion

Dramas > My sister's keeper (Nick Cassavetes)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments Has anyone seen My sister's keeper? I'm going to see it on Monday and I wanna know is that worth seeing. I've seen trailer and the movie seems to be good. I loved Abigail Breslin in Little Miss Sunshine.

message 2: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10555 comments i haven't seen it, only read a few blurbs. please write something when you see it. i like your reviews.

message 3: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments Thanks Phillip. I will try to post a review as soon as I can.

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo (jolelak) | 32 comments I went to see it opening weekend. It felt like a Lifetime movie with well known actors. Also, if you have read the book, they change the ending. They took out all the thought provoking and controversial bits of the book and the movie is weak as a result. I can't recommend it.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

i saw it... not exaclty my favorite, but the maint character looked suspiciously like the main character in the secret life of bees movie...

message 6: by Anna (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments I came back like over an hour ago from the movie. It will make you cry in certain moments. Cameron Diaz tried her best, but it wasn't that. The best were those actors in background - the doctor, the members of further family (cousins, aunts, uncles) with special place for Alec Baldwin.

And the best roles in the movie - Abigail Breslin, Sofia Vassilieva and Evan Ellingson. And I absolutely loved Thomas Dekker - the guy played Kate's boyfriend.

message 7: by Phillip (new)

Phillip | 10555 comments thanks for the rec, anna

message 8: by Sam (new)

Sam | 548 comments a special place for Alex Baldwin?? ... gosh i'll hafta see this fer sure now ... ;o)

lookin' forward to the review Anna

message 9: by Anna (last edited Aug 25, 2009 09:44AM) (new)

Anna (lilfox) | 465 comments It's definately a drama about that focusing on one person and one thing can really make your life miserable.