Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2019 Plans > Cindy's 2019 Plan

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cinderelly (last edited Feb 16, 2019 11:11AM) (new)

Cinderelly | 0 comments This is my first year trying a challenge. I'm pretty sure that I can do this, only time will tell. I probably won't be reading in order because of the wait time of library holds. I've given myself a few multiple choices as well because of the same. Also, this list is subject to change depending on mood and availability. Wish me luck!

Completed 14/52

✔️✔️1. A book that was nominated for or won an award in a genre you enjoy✔️✔️
Final Girls by Riley Sager Final Girls by Riley Sager (ITW Best Hardcover Winner 2018)

✔️✔️2. A book with one of the 5 W's in the title (Who, What, Where, When, Why)✔️✔️
What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera

✔️✔️3. A book where the author’s name contains A, T, and Y✔️✔️
Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty

✔️✔️4. A book with a criminal character (i.e. assassin, pirate, thief, robber, scoundrel etc)✔️✔️
You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes You by Caroline Kepnes

5. A book by Shakespeare or inspired by Shakespeare
Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1) by Isaac Marion Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion
Juliet Immortal (Juliet Immortal, #1) by Stacey Jay Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler Vinegar Girl by Anne Tyler

6. A book with a dual timeline
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren
The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes The Girl You Left Behind by Jojo Moyes
The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor The Chalk Man by C.J. Tudor
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Parts 1 & 2 by John Tiffany Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J.K. Rowling
The Au Pair by Emma Rous The Au Pair by Emma Rous

7. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #1
Beautiful Boy A Father's Journey Through His Son's Addiction by David Sheff Beautiful Boy by David Sheff (addiction)

8. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #2
Tweak Growing Up On Methamphetamines by Nic Sheff Tweak by Nic Sheff (addiction)

9. A book from one of the top 5 money making genres (romance/erotica, crime/mystery, religious/inspirational, science fiction/fantasy or horror)
My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren My Favorite Half-Night Stand by Christina Lauren

10. A book featuring an historical figure
The Lady in the Tower The Fall of Anne Boleyn by Alison Weir The Lady in the Tower by Alison Weir
The Lady of the Rivers (The Plantagenet and Tudor Novels, #1) by Philippa Gregory The Lady of the Rivers by Philippa Gregory
Stalking Jack the Ripper (Stalking Jack the Ripper, #1) by Kerri Maniscalco Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

11. A book related to one of the 12 Zodiac Chinese Animals (title, cover, subject)
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

✔️✔️12. A book about reading, books or an author/writer✔️✔️
Verity by Colleen Hoover Verity by Colleen Hoover

13. A book that is included on a New York Public Library Staff Picks list
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

14. A book with a title, subtitle or cover relating to an astronomical term
The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon The Sun Is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon

15. A book by an author from a Mediterranean country or set in a Mediterranean country
Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman Call Me By Your Name by Andre Aciman

16. A book told from multiple perspectives
One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus One of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus

✔️✔️17. A speculative fiction (i.e. fantasy, scifi, horror, dystopia)✔️✔️
Vox by Christina Dalcher Vox by Christina Dalcher

18. A book related to one of the elements on the periodic table of elements
The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Radium Girls by Kate Moore
The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

19. A book by an author who has more than one book on your TBR
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris
Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris

20. A book featuring indigenous people of a country
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

✔️✔️21. A book from one of the polarizing or close call votes✔️✔️
Bright Side (Bright Side, #1) by Kim Holden Bright Side by Kim Holden (a book recommended to you by Goodreads based on one of your shelves)

✔️✔️22. A book with a number in the title or on the cover✔️✔️
Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas

23. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #1 Something Old
Always Watching by Chevy Stevens Always Watching by Chevy Stevens (oldest book on TBR list)

24. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #2 Something New
The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas (new-to-me author and debut)

📘📘25. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #3 Something Borrowed📘📘
An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks An Anonymous Girl by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen (borrowed from the library)

26. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #4 Something Blue
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia Made You Up by Francesca Zappia
The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

message 2: by Cinderelly (last edited Feb 16, 2019 11:02AM) (new)

Cinderelly | 0 comments 27. A book off of the 1001 books to read before you die list
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

28. A book related to something cold (i.e. theme, title, author, cover, etc.)
In Cold Blood by Truman Capote In Cold Blood by Truman Capote

29. A book published before 1950
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
Anne of Avonlea (Anne of Green Gables, #2) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery
The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank

30. A book featuring an elderly character
A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Seven Hubands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal

31. A children’s classic you’ve never read
Matilda by Roald Dahl Matilda by Roald Dahl

✔️✔️32. A book with more than 500 pages✔️✔️
The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata

33. A book you have owned for at least a year, but have not read yet
Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby Juliet Naked by Nick Hornby

✔️✔️34. A book with a person's name in the title✔️✔️
Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1) by Whitney G. Forget You, Ethan by Whitney G.

35. A psychological thriller
The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton The Perfect Girlfriend by Karen Hamilton

36. A book featured on an NPR Best Books of the Year list
We Are Never Meeting In Real Life by Samantha Irby We Are Never Meeting in Real Life by Samantha Irby

✔️✔️37. A book set in a school or university✔️✔️
As She Fades by Abbi Glines As She Fades by Abbi Glines

38. A book not written in traditional novel format (poetry, essay, epistolary, graphic novel, etc)
Crank (Crank, #1) by Ellen Hopkins Crank by Ellen Hopkins

39. A book with a strong sense of place or where the author brings the location/setting to life
Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

40. A book you stumbled upon
Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering Tell Me Lies by Carola Lovering

41. A book from the 2018 GR Choice Awards
An American Marriage by Tayari Jones An American Marriage by Tayari Jones
Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao Girls Burn Brighter by Shobha Rao
All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffin All We Ever Wanted by Emily Giffen
How to Walk Away by Katherine Center How to Walk Away by Katherine Center
The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks and Sarah Pekkanen

✔️✔️42. A book with a monster or "monstrous" character✔️✔️
We Were Mothers by Katie Sise We Were Mothers by Katie Sise

43. A book related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) [fiction or nonfiction]
Brief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking Brief Answers to the Big Questions by Stephen Hawking
The Mystery of the Exploding Teeth and Other Curiosities from the History of Medicine by Thomas Morris The Mystery of the Exploding Teeth... by Thomas Morris

44. A book related in some way to a tv show/series or movie you enjoyed (same topic, same era, book appeared in the show/movie, etc.)
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby High Fidelity by Nick Hornby (Rory Gilmore read on Gilmore Girls)

45. A multi-generational saga
Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate

✔️✔️46. A book with a (mostly) black cover✔️✔️
Gus (Bright Side, #2) by Kim Holden Gus by Kim Holden

47. A book related to food (i.e. title, cover, plot, etc.)
The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

48. A book that was a finalist or winner for the National Book Award for any year
What Girls Are Made Of by Elana K. Arnold What Girls Are Made Of by Elana K. Arnold (Young People's Literature finalist 2017)

49. A book written by a Far East Asian author or set in a Far East Asian country
Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan

50. A book that includes a journey (physical, health, or spiritual)
All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover All Your Perfects by Colleen Hoover

✔️✔️51. A book published in 2019✔️✔️
Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus

52. A book with a weird or intriguing title
The 7½ Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton The 7-1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton
My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christina Lauren Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating by Christine Lauren

message 3: by Cinderelly (last edited Jan 05, 2019 04:37AM) (new)

Cinderelly | 0 comments ✔️✔️ = Completed
📘📘 = Currently Reading

message 4: by Cinderelly (last edited Feb 16, 2019 11:02AM) (new)

Cinderelly | 0 comments Cover Quilt for 2019 reads (Not Just ATY)

Verity by Colleen Hoover Punk 57 by Penelope Douglas Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty As She Fades by Abbi Glines Birthday Girl by Penelope Douglas Vox by Christina Dalcher What If It's Us by Becky Albertalli Bright Side (Bright Side, #1) by Kim Holden Gus (Bright Side, #2) by Kim Holden You (You, #1) by Caroline Kepnes Forget You, Ethan (Forget You Ethan, #1) by Whitney G. The Kiss Thief by L.J. Shen We Were Mothers by Katie Sise The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata Final Girls by Riley Sager Two Can Keep a Secret by Karen M. McManus