Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ronald (new)

Ronald Barak (ronaldsbarak) | 16 comments A few days ago I posted asking for help adding a book cover to my newest book, The Puppet Master.

The cover was added.

Today, the cover is no longer there. Unless I click on 'other editions' then I am shown the book with the cover. I'd like the book with the cover to lead. Can someone please help me get this corrected?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...

message 2: by Ronald (new)

Ronald Barak (ronaldsbarak) | 16 comments Thank you!

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (livka) | 7927 comments Hi Mayara,
what source did you use for this edition?
I couldn't find one from acceptable source myself.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41972 comments Mod
The cover appears to have been taken from the Kindle edition. As that is not allowed under Goodreads policies, I have reverted that edit.

Ronald, for a librarian to add the cover we need a site -- such as your official author site, or the publisher -- that has the cover, and clearly identifies it as belonging to this specific edition. Preferably by ISBN.

Alternatively, if you have the cover image yourself, as the author, you should be able to upload it to that book record directly.

message 5: by Ronald (new)

Ronald Barak (ronaldsbarak) | 16 comments Good morning.

My name is Stacey, I am Ron's assistant. I have been asking for help on this site from Ron's author page.

Last week I uploaded the cover myself. After doing that there was a prompt that said it would take about 10 minutes. I waited two days and no cover, so I sent a message to this forum asking about how to go back to edit the cover image. I was never told how to edit or where I could even find a way to edit.

Someone said the cover is there - I then noticed two books. One with a cover - one without the cover. I came back here again asking if I could delete the book without the cover since it appeared to be a duplicate.

Someone else responded that one was hardcover the other was an ebook. I was told they combined the two.

Yesterday I see no cover again, which brought me back to your forum to ask why?

Then, someone responded they put the cover back.

Now I see emails this morning that the cover loaded by Kindle is not allowed, and I've broken some rule. I didn't put the Kindle book there, I downloaded the cover which brings me right back to where I started last week.

I need the cover for the book. I have it in a pdf file.

The website: www.ronaldsbarak.com has the book.

I'm very happy to do this myself if someone would be kind enough to tell me where the edit button is.

Thank you,
Stacey