Play Book Tag discussion

2016-19 Activities & Challenges > Announcing the PBT Decathlon Raffle Winners!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 62 (62 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicole R (last edited Dec 06, 2018 01:34PM) (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments The PBT Decathlon has come to an end! What a great way to celebrate PBT's 10th anniversary.

Before we get to the winners, first a few stats:

• 62 people participated in the challenge
• 1730 total raffle entries
• 13 people earned the maximum 50 raffle entries by completing each leg of the decathlon in the month it was announced and will be receiving an extra 15 Participation Points each!

Amy
annapi
Ellen
Ellie
Jenny
Jgrace
Joi
Kelly
Kszr
LibraryCin (admin, no participation points awarded)
Nicole D
Rachel N.
SouthWestZippy
Sushicat

• 9 additional people also completed the challenge, though not necessarily each decathlon challenge in the month it was announced. They will each get 5 participation points!

Book Concierge
Booknblues
Cora
*Critterbee
Idit
J.W.
Joni
KateNZ
Linda C

I will post the 3 raffle winners over the next three days in the comments below.

3rd prize: Kzsr
2nd prize: Amy
1st prize:

Thank you to everyone who participated! The game was so much more fun than the Admins ever envisioned when dreaming it up and I loved reading your reviews and learning more about each and every one of you.

I know it sounds sappy, but it is the truth: the members are what make PBT so great and are the key to our 10 years of reading and friendship!

message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments The third place raffle winner is...

Kszr!!!

Congratulations!!

Your prize is three $10 gift cards to any place that offers GC through Amazon or a $30 Amazon GC!

Please PM Anita with your preferences, including links to any non-Amazon GC you would like.

You can browse the GC options here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...

message 3: by Joanne (last edited Dec 05, 2018 06:32AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7243 comments Congrats Kszr! Happy Shopping!

message 4: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Cunningham | 689 comments Congrats Kszr and congrats to all those that got the bonus points. I completed all the challenges but I am very impressed by those that completed all of them in the month they were given.

message 5: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments Oh, that is a good stat! I should report how many people completed it when I am back at my computer later. Stay tuned for that one!

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8289 comments KSZR- That’s great! You should buy Clockmakers Daughter and then share it with the rest of us locals - lol!

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7243 comments Amy wrote: "KSZR- That’s great! You should buy Clockmakers Daughter and then share it with the rest of us locals - lol!"

I like that idea Amy-I am # 23 on the library wait list!

message 8: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1441 comments Congrats Kszr! I'm impressed by how many people participated and how many of us completed all ten tasks in the month they were given. This challenge was a lot of fun.

message 9: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5501 comments Congratulations!

message 10: by Doughgirl5562 (new)

Doughgirl5562 | 718 comments BIG Congrats to those completed all 10 reads in the month they were assigned -- or even came close! This is a big accomplishment.

message 11: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4911 comments Congratulations Kszr! Have fun shopping!

message 12: by Joni (new)

Joni | 608 comments Is this list of 13 the members who completed all 10 challenges or completed them in the month assigned?

message 13: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments Joni wrote: "Is this list of 13 the members who completed all 10 challenges or completed them in the month assigned?"

This is a list of the members who completed all 10 challenges in the month assigned.

I will post a list of everyone who completed the challenge--which is a huge accomplishment!--regardless of the month completed this evening when I am back at a computer.

message 14: by Joi (last edited Dec 05, 2018 12:48PM) (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Yay, KSZR!! And awesome 63 participants is great!!

This is the only one of my reading challenges I actually finished, and accomplished 100% of this year, lol.

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8289 comments Congratulations Joi! Big Year!

message 16: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments I have updated the above post with the following announcement:

In addition to the above people, we had 9 additional people who also completed the challenge, though not necessarily each decathlon challenge in the month it was announced. They will each get 5 participation points!

Book Concierge
Booknblues
Cora
*Critterbee
Idit
J.W.
Joni
KateNZ
Linda C

message 17: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2187 comments Nicole R wrote: "I have updated the above post with the following announcement:

In addition to the above people, we had 9 additional people who also completed the challenge, though not necessarily each decathlon c..."

I think you missed me Nicole. I sent you a private message.

message 18: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8126 comments Congrats to Kszr and to everyone who finished the Decathlon! Hope you all enjoyed it!

message 19: by Anita (last edited Dec 06, 2018 04:41AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Nicole R wrote: "I have updated the above post with the following announcement:

In addition to the above people, we had 9 additional people who also completed the challenge, though not necessarily each decathlon c..."

I completed it too! Even though I don't get any points; I'm needy and need credit, lol. ;)

To be fair, I may have only tracked this well in my personal thread since I knew I wasn't getting points or anything, so I'm sure it's my own fault I'm not on the list. But I swear I did it!

message 20: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2087 comments Congratulations Kszr! Well done! Great job to all who finished the challenge.

message 21: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments Anita, I had you missing a month, which may have happened if you were just tracking some of them personally!

message 22: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments The second place raffle winner is...

Amy!!!

Congratulations!!

Your prize is five $10 gift cards to any place that offers GC through Amazon or a $50 Amazon GC!

Please PM me with your preferences, including links to any non-Amazon GC you would like.

You can browse the GC options here: https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...

message 23: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4911 comments Congratulations, Amy! Happy shopping!

message 24: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7243 comments Wow Amy 2 months in a row!!! Good for you Happy Hanuka!

message 25: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1441 comments Congratulations Amy!

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8289 comments Oh my goodness! Really! I could buy the Clockmaker’s daughter for all of my friends! We tried. To have a local book club on this book next Sunday, but nobody could get a hold of it! Now it’s set for late January....

Seriously, I’d so look forward to shopping for my birthday. A gal could never have enough purses.... I’ll have to get back to you guys on this. One nice thing, is that very few people outside of this intimate circle, appreciate how hard we work to finish these challenges. It’s kind of a big deal that we do. So every time we win a raffle or a Decathalon or something, it does represent that hard work and great stories it took to get there. It’s a testament, that I have like 30 books that would compete for my top ten. I already have the top seven pretty much set, so it’s really like 15-20 books now competing for the last three places. Thank you randomizer and good friends for all the great titles suggested, and for the good energy and comeraderie.

message 27: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5501 comments Congratulations, Amy! Keep up your winning ways.

message 28: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments I will add that we had 1730 raffle entries! That is pretty impressive as well. I will add that to the stats too. lol.

message 29: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2087 comments Congratulations, Amy! What a nice gift!

message 30: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Nicole R wrote: "I will add that we had 1730 raffle entries! That is pretty impressive as well. I will add that to the stats too. lol."

Whoa.

message 31: by Anita (last edited Dec 06, 2018 08:18AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Nicole R wrote: "Anita, I had you missing a month, which may have happened if you were just tracking some of them personally!"

I can 100% guarantee that it was my tracking/reporting that was off . . .but at the nth hour, I got it done.

message 32: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Congratulations to the winners!

My tracking must have gone awry, as I definitely completed each challenge in the month assigned too. No matter though. I had great fun doing it. :-)

message 33: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6276 comments Susie wrote: "Congratulations to the winners!

My tracking must have gone awry, as I definitely completed each challenge in the month assigned too. No matter though. I had great fun doing it. :-)"

Lol, the tracking was the hardest part of the Decathlon!

message 34: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments Susie wrote: "Congratulations to the winners!

My tracking must have gone awry, as I definitely completed each challenge in the month assigned too. No matter though. I had great fun doing it. :-)"

Hi Susie, the only month I do not have you completing is January; all other months you completed the challenge in the month it was assigned.

I just double checked the thread and, if you completed the challenge, then you forgot to post it in the reporting thread :(

message 35: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments Anita wrote: "Lol, the tracking was the hardest part of the Decathlon! "

It was! And it was one of the reasons I posted a link to the tracking sheet every month so people could double check me! I never received any corrections so I thought I was just CRUSHING it, but apparently no one was really double-checking me! lol

message 36: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7243 comments I have to admit, I have never tracked any of my points on PBT-to me it's been all about the fun and camaraderie- each time I go to a spread sheet I think, oh! gosh how awesome that Admin keeps such great records!

message 37: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8289 comments Joanne, I haven’t looked since it was 122. Maybe beginning of the year? I bet it’s almost double now!

message 38: by LibraryCin (last edited Dec 06, 2018 01:29PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8126 comments Anita wrote: "I completed it too! Even though I don't get any points; I'm needy and need credit, lol. ;).."

LOL! I was going to comment the same, but refrained! Thank you for doing it first. :-)

I also completed it!

message 39: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8126 comments Nicole R wrote: "The second place raffle winner is...

Amy!!!..."

Congrats to Amy!!

message 40: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments LibraryCin wrote: "LOL! I was going to comment the same, but refrained! Thank you for doing it first. :-)

I also completed it!."

I did not report you because you are an admin, but I can add you to the list.

message 41: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 1053 comments Congratulations to Kszr and Amy!

message 42: by Jeremiah (new)

Jeremiah Cunningham | 689 comments Can't wait to see who wins first place. I know it won't be me as I never win raffles, but I'm excited to see the winner. Really enjoyed this challenge.

message 43: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Nicole R wrote: "I will add that we had 1730 raffle entries! That is pretty impressive as well. I will add that to the stats too. lol."
Holy cow!! That's awesome!!

And YAY AMY!!! Happy early birthday!!

message 44: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8126 comments Nicole R wrote: "I did not report you because you are an admin, but I can add you to the list...."

That's what I figured. I wasn't even going to say anything until I saw Anita mentioned hers! :-)

message 45: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Ah bummer. I read Will Grayson, Will Grayson for Linda but must have forgotten to report it. No matter! I had a lot of fun doing the challenges which was reward enough. :-)

message 46: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7709 comments The first prize raffle winner is...

Jenny!!!

Congratulations!!

Your prize is 10 e-books or a $100 Amazon Gift Card!

Please PM Anita with your preferences!

message 47: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 676 comments 😊🤩🤗🙀😸
Brilliant thanks so much - I currently have a cough & cold so this will cheer me right up!

message 48: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4911 comments Congratulations Jenny!

message 49: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7243 comments What a great win Jenny! Shopping online is better than chicken soup you are not feeling well! Get Better soon!

message 50: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2087 comments Awesome, Jenny! Congratulations!!

« previous 1