I Am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban I Am Malala discussion

Book Review #7

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Isabel (new)

Isabel Perez Meza The novel I chose for this week is a non-fiction autobiography called “I Am Malala” by Malala Yousafzai herself. I chose this book because I was interested in learning about why Malala was awarded the youngest Nobel Peace Prize winner! I loved this book so much because Malala was an example of a fierce, driven, activist for girls educational rights. Malala’s story of how she was an activist for girls to attain an education in not only Pakistan but other countries was really empowering coming from a young lady.Also the fact that Malala overcame a horrible tragedy that the Taliban caused her and after was still driven to achieve her dreams without fear was something I admired about her! I read this novel with a group of fifth graders I work with and they enjoyed learning about Malala's culture, family,education and inspiring story as much as I did. My students shared with me how influenced they were after reading how young Malala was when she received a Nobel Peace Prize for fighting for girls education rights in several countries.I recommend anyone to read this novel because it will fascinate you on how Malala is such a brave activist for girls education despite the obstacles she was challenged with and hopefully encourages you to can make a change in this world!

message 2: by Aza (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aza Wow, Isabel, great review!
It is true, girls need to fight for their rights. They need a voice to speak for which can soar through the sky; being heard.
Girls have every right for an education. It gives us a whole new unravelling life.