What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Teena and the Magic Pot (A Tell-A-Tale Book #2423)
This topic is about Teena and the Magic Pot
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. based on fable of little pot boil [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Might be a "golden book" - was a children's book based on a rhyme or fable of "little pot boil". In this book the lady can't get her pot to make food unless she says the words "little pot boil:. She finally figures out the magic words. The pot starts to boil over and custard spills all over the town and the town's people have custard to eat up with their spoons. I have found this "story" where the lady makes porridge but I am looking for the specific book where the pot makes custard. It would be from the 1950's - 1960's.

message 2: by Mai (last edited Dec 05, 2018 08:51AM) (new)

Mai | 1216 comments Searching "little pot boil" "custard" this book came up:
Teena and the Magic Pot by Louise and Jack Myers
When there is no food in the house, young Teena sets off to pick berries, meets a nice old lady who offers her a magical pot that all Teena will need do is say "Little pot, Boil" and a sweet custard will be made, without ingredients! But when her mother tries to use the pot, it makes way too much custard!

I think it was published in 1961; there are at least 3 different covers so you can look it up on Google Images and see if any of them look familiar!
https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1...

message 3: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 147 comments Thank you....that is the book I was looking for. Thanks so much. It was my sister's favourite book when we were small. (.........Now how to put this in the solved folder?)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Teena and the Magic Pot (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louise Myers (other topics)