What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Other > Sci-fi: Aliens "rescue" 100 earthlings including Miss America

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Ray | 3 comments This short story involves aliens ‘rescuing’ 100 average Earthlings, plus Miss America, before Earth fails having depleted its natural resources. They ask the earthlings questions about their leaders and about how they define beauty. Then they head back to Earth.

Background: A client asked me to find this sci fi short story (maybe an excerpt) that he read maybe 15 years ago in the NY Times or Playboy. He said it may have been written by Arthur C. Clarke, but I have skimmed all his popular pieces on the Internet. It could be in one of his compilation books. I have also searched the NY Times online.

Or it could be from an unknown author written for the Playboy sci-fi story competition. Playboy has a compilation book of sci-fi stories, but I don't have access to it.

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Laura ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 47 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura Ray | 3 comments Bump

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura Ray | 3 comments Kate wrote: "Laura ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 47 where fewer eyes will see it.
You can do this by ..."

Thank you, Kate!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33543 comments Mod
Laura, I notice your request is marked Solved. Just to confirm, did you find your book?