Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Publisher Removed from Amazon

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chuck (new)

Chuck Sperati | 13 comments The Lulu editions of three of my stories have finally been removed from Amazon: The Stadium, Reflections, and They Must Play. I would like to have them removed from GoodReads and make sure the Kindle links are working correctly.

Would you be able to assist me with this issue?

Thank you,

Chuck

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments Hi Chuck, GR doesn't remove out of date editions, think of us as a library. Please read msg #2.

You however can determine which editions of your books become the default ones. Instructions for defaults is msg #4.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Chuck (new)

Chuck Sperati | 13 comments Thank you for the responses. I have successfully changed the default book for those three, however, I have noticed that many of the links are not working, including Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Kobo.

The broken links do not seem to be limited to the three books I mentioned earlier. I searched through other message boards and Googled it; is it accurate to say that because I am self-publishing the stories through Draft2Digital that the links in GoodReads simply will not work because of the ISBN?

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments Kindle & paperback editions will work through amazon. Ebooks aren't sold on amazon so they should work through the other booksellers.

You must be on the correct edition to use the specific link.

Just tried an ebook & it went straight to Smashwords, the kindle however didn't go straight through as you've changed the asin & it hasn't been updated here on GR. My example was They Must Play. I'll go add the new kindle edition.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments I heard that the lulu published books weren't being published anymore, so presumably you are replacing them.

You need to add the new editions to GR then make them the default editions. Just use the add a new edition button, makes it easier.

Alternatively you can post the editions that need to be added and a librarian will do it for you. Then you can make them the default.

message 6: by Chuck (new)

Chuck Sperati | 13 comments Thank you for the quick response. As a side note, this group has been extremely helpful and I just want to let you all know how much it is appreciated.

I think I got it. I just added a the new edition of the Stadium to GR, switched to that version and confirmed that the Amazon link works.

Just to make sure I understand. By making the edition with the Kindle ASIN the default, none of the links under "Stores" are going to work because the ISBN is not listed? In order for those to work, I would I have to use the edition with that ISBN as the default so that those Store links work?

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23245 comments No, there is only one default, authors usually pick their most popular edition as their default. The most up-to-date cover etc.

Readers choose which edition they want to buy and the store links work for them regardless of which edition is the default.

That's how its always worked. Us readers know how to make it work, and usually have several stores linked (we pick them out of the list provided in settings). I personally have a good half a dozen store links, some for me & some to assist being a librarian.