What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Mother is taken to prison if her children can't find the money she need before..

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martijn (new)

Martijn Maria | 3 comments A mother is caught for shoplifting and needs to pay the shop for expenses, she sends her children to gather the money before the shop closes, if they won't succeed she will be send to the police - which automatically leads to youth Services and a bunch of other problems they don't want to face.

Any book with some familiar I'm interested to.
Please let me know, thank you.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Martijn, are you looking for any/all books with this topic? Or are you trying to remember a specific book you read with this plot?

message 3: by Martijn (new)

Martijn Maria | 3 comments A specific book, but I'm open for others with the same plot.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
When did you read the book?
Cover?
YA, NA, or regular adult?
Fiction or nonfiction?
Author female or male?

message 5: by Kris (last edited Dec 10, 2018 02:03PM) (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Martijn. what was the mother shoplifting? Where is the father? What are their jobs/skills?

What is the story's time period and location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 6: by Martijn (new)

Martijn Maria | 3 comments Story time period is within present time, the mother was shoplifting, the father has no picture in the story - she's divorced / operated, she is a single mom, without money - I don;t think she has a job, if so it would be in a factory or cleaning. It takes place in a small city.