What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book - a girl makes a new friend with a prosthetic leg

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Salbionb (new)

Salbionb | 2 comments This is not my forgotten book - I'm trying to identify a book forgotten by a friend, so I can make it a Christmas gift. Reddit proved unhelpful, but you all are smarter than they are, right? The book was probably read between, say, 2000 and 2007, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to ask for more information, as that would reveal that I'm still hunting.

It's a young adult book about a girl in grade school and her best friend, who over time become friends with a third girl new to the school, who turns out to have a prosthetic leg. The most vivid memory my friend has of the book is of the three girls visiting a fair or amusement park on a beach or something, and riding a spinning chairs ride (I don't know if the type of ride really has a name, but I know it as 'Da Vinci's Dream', and a Google search of that name will show you what I mean). My friend also had some thought that the name of the book might be "The Three [something]", but I rather suspect that I would have found the book already via Google if that were the case. More likely, the three main characters grow close enough in the book to warrant a nickname of that nature.

Thank you for your time, whoever read through this, whether you can help or not.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 298 comments https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/8...

I hope you can find it here

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Salbion ~~
You can bump your thread back to the head of the line where more people are likely to see it. Right now you are languishing on page 113 of the folder, and it gets pretty lonely there. You can bump by typing anything (even the word "bump") into a new comment box.
Good luck!