Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > How can I claim by books if there is another author with my same name and it's all muddled up?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marc (new)

Marc Roche | 6 comments How can I claim by books if there is another author with my same name and it's all muddled up?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21248 comments You can let us know which books are yours and a librarian can move them to a new profile.

message 3: by Marc (new)

Marc Roche | 6 comments Scott wrote: "You can let us know which books are yours and a librarian can move them to a new profile."

Thanks!

1. 101 Grammar Rules for IELTS: Instant Study Notes (IELTS Grammar)
2. CAE Writing Masterclass (Parts 1 & 2) Cambridge English Advanced Writing (CAE Cambridge Advanced)
3. Cómo aprenden los adolescentes: El cerebro adolescente (Spanish Edition): (Neuroeducación de bolsillo)
4. FCE Writing Masterclass ® (Writing B2: FCE Cambridge) (FCE (First Certificate Writing))
5. IELTS General Writing Task Masterclass ®: IELTS Writing Task 1 & IELTS Writing Task 2: IELTS Writing Book 2
6. IELTS Writing: Advanced Masterclass Tasks 1 & 2: Band Scores 7.0 - 8.5
7. Legal English: Contract Law: Basic to Advanced TOLES (Legal English and TOLES Preparation)
8.Phrasal Verbs Masterclass: Learn English Grammar & English Speaking: Includes Phrasal Verbs Exercises
9. Business English Writing: Advanced Masterclass- How to Communicate Effectively & Communicate with Confidence (NOT YET PUBLISHED)
10. IELTS Vocabulary Masterclass 8.5. Master Phrasal Verbs, Essay Vocabulary, Graph Vocabulary & Speaking Vocabulary for IELTS (NOT YET PUBLISHED)

Best Regards

Marc

message 4: by Abcdarian (last edited Dec 04, 2018 01:06PM) (new)

Abcdarian | 19813 comments Books moved to a new author profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show... To claim this author profile, click on the "Is this you? Let us know" link at the bottom of that page. When approved it will merge with your current reader profile.

Is the TOEFL book yours as well? And did I move any that are not yours to the new profile: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

message 5: by Marc (new)

Marc Roche | 6 comments thank you! The TOEFL book is mine and so is Cómo aprenden los adolescentes: El cerebro adolescente

thanks again

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19813 comments You're welcome. Those two moved to your page.

message 7: by Marc (new)

Marc Roche | 6 comments Hi, sorry to bother you again, but my author page has just been approved and none of my books are on there. Goodreads won't let me add my books to the page now because it says there is another author by that name. I'm totally lost with this sorry

message 8: by Emily (last edited Dec 05, 2018 07:06AM) (new)

Emily | 14398 comments Marc wrote: "Hi, sorry to bother you again, but my author page has just been approved and none of my books are on there. Goodreads won't let me add my books to the page now because it says there is another auth..."
Marc,
You should contact staff and tell them you need to be assigned the "two space profile" because librarians moved your books there for you. Looks like they have given you the "three space profile" when it should have been two. (Spaces between first and last names to differentiate between authors of the same name.)
https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...
PS no worries!

message 9: by Marc (new)

Marc Roche | 6 comments Thank you!