Outlander Series discussion

miscellaneous > Outlander similar books?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Can anyone recommend books that are very similar to the outlander series which I absolutely love

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 39 comments Into the Wilderness series by Sara Donati
The Game of Kings series by Dorothy Dunnett
Devil Water
Green Darkness
Both by Anya Seton

message 3: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 39 comments Both was supposed to mean both of those last two titles are by Anya Seton

message 4: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Tracy wrote: "Both was supposed to mean both of those last two titles are by Anya Seton"

Thank You so much Tracy - will look into those.

message 5: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tracylemos) | 39 comments And another cuz now you've got me on a roll....The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. Sequel is The Firebird. Adored both of them!

message 6: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Tracy wrote: "And another cuz now you've got me on a roll....The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley. Sequel is The Firebird. Adored both of them!"
I was going to recommend anything by Susanna Kearsley. The Shadowy Horses is my favorite. Her books aren't quite historical fiction, but rather fiction about historians with a slightly supernatural twist.

message 7: by Ann (new)

Ann | 2 comments i have books by lisa kleypas, and ive been meaning to read them, are they as good as outlander?

message 8: by Lynda (new)

Lynda I am wondering if the Highlander series is similar? I have not read any of them

message 9: by Beth (new)

Beth Sponzilli | 18 comments Veil of Time by Claire R Mcdouggal

message 10: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Veil of Time sounds perfect ! THANKS for the suggestion

message 11: by Ann (new)

Ann | 19 comments Ann wrote: "i have books by lisa kleypas, and ive been meaning to read them, are they as good as outlander?"

Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite authors but I don’t think her books are very similar to the Outlander books. They are more “traditional” romance novels. You should definitely check her out though, especially if you already have some of her books. She has written a lot so if you do like her, you’ll have a lot of hours of enjoyable reading ahead!

message 12: by Ann (new)

Ann | 2 comments Ann wrote: "Ann wrote: "i have books by lisa kleypas, and ive been meaning to read them, are they as good as outlander?"

Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite authors but I don’t think her books are very similar..."

Thank you very much! anything historical romance would very much appeal to me :) excited to read them!

message 13: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1356 comments Try The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1) by Paullina Simons I LOVE love love this book