Reading Envy Readers discussion

Episode Chatter > Episode 136: Six Pack

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jenny (Reading Envy) (readingenvy) | 992 comments Mod
I wanted to call this episode "Raised by Wolves" for obvious reasons, but Episode 114 already did that! Whoops. Both Elizabeth and I seemed to be in an animal reading mood lately, and that permeates our picks. Elizabeth talks about some YA book events she attended in Houston, and Jenny talks about her home library, and both of us talk about books we've read and enjoyed lately.

| Link to Episode 136 |

message 2: by Lauren (new)

Lauren  (lauren_w) | 20 comments Loved this episode! American Wolf was a great book, and I agree with many of the points Elizabeth mentioned, about how Blakeslee showed various sides of the story. Also looking forward to the Caribou book, Jenny!

Lauren wrote: "Loved this episode! American Wolf was a great book, and I agree with many of the points Elizabeth mentioned, about how Blakeslee showed various sides of the story. Also looking forward to the Carib..."

I think you'll like it!

message 4: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 249 comments Thanks Laura. Jenny did some good editing for my many pauses. I lose my words a lot.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren  (lauren_w) | 20 comments She's a wiz with the editing!

message 6: by Jeff (new)

Jeff (jeff_koeppen) | 176 comments Great episode! Good conversation. My TBR list will grow. Wolves are becoming controversial in the area of WI where I’m from. The sportsmen and farmers want a wolf hunting season to thin them out. Foe sounds like fascinating sci-fi.

message 7: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 249 comments The wolf situation makes me sad. They are such majestic animals and once thrived in North America.

Foe is a quick read. I found myself immersed in the world of Hen and Junior.

message 8: by Shatterlings (new)

Shatterlings | 47 comments Foe has been on my kindle for ages, started reading it after the podcast,

Shatterlings wrote: "Foe has been on my kindle for ages, started reading it after the podcast,"
What do you think so far?

message 10: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 249 comments I hope you like it Shatterlings.

message 11: by Shatterlings (new)

Shatterlings | 47 comments I didn’t get far but there’s definite tension and I do want to know if Terrance is for real.

message 12: by Shatterlings (new)

Shatterlings | 47 comments I liked it, the tension kept up so well through the book and I wanted to know what I wasn’t being told.

message 13: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 249 comments I’m glad you liked it!

message 14: by Elizabeth☮ (new)

Elizabeth☮  | 249 comments I mentioned this book on the podcast: American Wolf A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West by Nate Blakeslee American Wolf: A True Story of Survival and Obsession in the West. It seems the Trump administration just removed the gray wolf off the endangered species list.