Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers discussion

Little Fires Everywhere
This topic is about Little Fires Everywhere
2019: Official Book Discussions > January: Little Fires Everywhere

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany (peanutblossom) | 22 comments Mod
This thread is for our discussion of January's book. What did you think of this month's pick??

Ashley | 1 comments Just finished this today! Can’t wait to see what everyone has to say about it!

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments Just this second finished. Does everyone love this book? I was really underwhelmed for the first two thirds... until Mia's story kicked in...

Angie | 2 comments I was hooked from the get-go!

message 5: by Star (new) - added it

Star | 1 comments I’m about 50 pages in and enjoying it so far. Seems very well written and very human characters.

message 6: by Alanna (new)

Alanna (alapio) | 1 comments Just picked up my copy today. Currently awaiting the arrival of my first bub so will hopefully get it read asap!

message 7: by Laurie (new) - added it

Laurie Bartels | 8 comments I enjoyed it. I thought the character's talent with photography was very unique. I like how it all tied the story together in a way.

Julia Damberger | 2 comments I just finished it last night and was surprised how much I liked it. Based on the description, I probably wouldn't have read this on my own, but the story and the characters really sucked me in. Definitely enjoyed this pick!

Diana (latinamomreads) | 77 comments Mod
I did enjoy this novel. yay!

Helen Heun | 1 comments Found it a slow burn until the last 100 pages or so! Better than her first book I thought!

message 11: by Gina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina Anderson | 3 comments I really enjoyed this book. As a product of a "rule following" household, it really made me think.

message 12: by Virginia (new) - added it

Virginia (vbertacco) | 4 comments I really liked this book and I was hooked right from the beginning. It's been on my tbr pile for ages, so I was glad to finally have a reason to actually read it, lol.

Tiffany | 8 comments I enjoyed the book but wish I knew what happened next to everybody! 😃

message 14: by Gina (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gina Anderson | 3 comments Tiffany wrote: "I enjoyed the book but wish I knew what happened next to everybody! 😃"

Me too!

Linda Fogle | 4 comments I really enjoyed the book. I wish it would of been a little longer to see what happens to everyone.

Meghan | 3 comments I enjoyed it but felt the ending happened too quickly. Really wish I could find out what happened to everyone.

message 17: by Kim (new)

Kim Greene | 1 comments I loved this book! As an (hopefully recovering) overprotective parent it really hit home with me how fear had shaped the mother's relationship with her daughter. I truly enjoyed all the relationships in this book,

Amelie | 1 comments I enjoyed it but I felt like it didn’t really pick up until half way through and then rushed through the ending.

message 19: by Tina (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tina | 2 comments I just finished this book. I don't think I would have picked it up on my own but I did enjoy it. I agree with the others that I would like to have seen what happend to everyone.

Stephanie (sulovebug) | 5 comments I liked this book but didn’t love it. As many others said I would’ve liked an epilogue. So we know or get a glimpse into what happened with everyone and even the house. Maybe it was done on purpose for a second book?

message 21: by love.e.reads (new)

love.e.reads (lovee-reads) | 9 comments Claire wrote: "Just this second finished. Does everyone love this book? I was really underwhelmed for the first two thirds... until Mia's story kicked in..."

I agree with the underwhelming feeling I got from this book...Mia's & Pearl's stories were the most intriguing.

message 22: by love.e.reads (new)

love.e.reads (lovee-reads) | 9 comments In general, I found it somewhat enjoyable. I would hardly have chosen to read this if not for this book club...yay!!!

I loved the in-depth descriptions and attention that the author paid to Mia's photography. As a hobbyist photographer myself, it resonated with me greatly, and I enjoyed learning about her process...the gifts she left for the family were priceless.

Maybe the author's building up to a sequel but I was disappointed in how open the ending was...I needed some closure!

message 23: by love.e.reads (new)

love.e.reads (lovee-reads) | 9 comments Kim wrote: "I loved this book! As an (hopefully recovering) overprotective parent it really hit home with me how fear had shaped the mother's relationship with her daughter. I truly enjoyed all the relationshi..."

Yes, that rushing to the ending was real and actually kinda annoyed me :\

Angela (cupcakemom) | 14 comments I Loved this Book!