Peanut Blossom Book Club for Recovering Readers discussion

Outlander (Outlander, #1)
This topic is about Outlander
Outlander Read-Along > Book 1: Outlander

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiffany (peanutblossom) | 22 comments Mod
This thread is for our open discussion of all things Book 1 in the Outlander series.

message 2: by Luckymom (new)

Luckymom | 7 comments I just started reading this! I love it so far. I have no idea why I couldn't get into it the last time I tried it. Can't wait to dive further into the story!

message 3: by Luckymom (new)

Luckymom | 7 comments and now at a dead -stop. Went from reading it on an app (LIbby) to requesting the hardback from the library so I had to wait for that to come in. Got through ch. 14 almost and it just feels like it drags too much. I hate that I feel that way because, typically, this style book would be right up my alley. Historical fiction w/ romance + time travel? Perfect but that is not the case for me.

message 4: by Laurie (new)

Laurie Bartels | 8 comments I read it maybe 20 years ago (?) and I really liked it then. It was the first time-travel I ever read. I do remember though that I tried reading the second book in the series but just could not get into it. Never tried any more of the books.

Claire Tate  (limeadeinmyteacup) | 61 comments I'm 80% in and enjoying the melodrama for what it is. But I had to say...

I LOVE the men's sporrans! Like Mary Poppins' bag in content and depth... it's nice to see the men being prepared and lugging everything around for once !!!