Mental Health Bookclub discussion

Birth of a New Brain: Healing from Postpartum Bipolar Disorder
This topic is about Birth of a New Brain
Author's Corner > Free memoir endorsed by Kay Redfield Jamison

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dyane (new) - added it

Dyane Harwood Hi everyone!

My name is Dyane Harwood and I have bipolar one disorder that was triggered by childbirth, a.k.a. postpartum bipolar. My bipolar depression was treatment-resistant for many years.

I'm the author of the memoir "Birth of a New Brain—Healing from Postpartum Bipolar Disorder" with a foreword by psychiatrist Dr. Carol Henshaw. My book contains an extensive resource section and an appendix that shares tools (both allopathic & holistic) that have helped me.

I'm offering a free PDF file of my book to our group members.

I'm honored my book has received positive reviews from readers with bipolar, anxiety, and other mood disorders. "Birth of a New Brain" has been endorsed by Kay Redfield Jamison, bestselling author of "An Unquiet Mind," and by twenty other mental health luminaries.

If you'd like your PDF copy please email me at: dyaneleshinharwood@gmail.com or message me privately.

Take care, and special thanks to group moderator Diana for allowing me to post this!

Dyane

message 2: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 18 comments Great to hear from you Dyane! I've sent off an email to you and look forward to reading your book.

message 3: by Dyane (new) - added it

Dyane Harwood Cheryl wrote: "Great to hear from you Dyane! I've sent off an email to you and look forward to reading your book."

Hi Cheryl! I got your email & I'll be happy to email you the book today. Thanks so much for getting in touch!

message 4: by A.R. (new)

A.R. Clayton Best of luck to you!

message 5: by Dyane (new) - added it

Dyane Harwood Thanks, so much, A.R.!

My book sold well but my publisher hardly did any P.R. and that was a great disappointment.
I want my book to reach more people and it makes me happy to give it to anyone who wants to read it.

As you can see, I didn't write "Birth of a New Brain" for the money, although I won't turn any cash away.

I took a quick peek at your profile and as a dog mom, I loved what you wrote: "
Don't mind the dog hair; it's everywhere." That pretty much sums it up at my house. Later on I'll visit your website - it looks very cool.

I'm also a vegan. I'm writing about veganism in my next book but it's not a cookbook!
(I'm a wannabe cook who never cooks, plus I'm married to a former chef so a cookbook is never going to happen.)

Sorry to ramble. Hope you're having a good day!!

Take care,
Dyane

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Mod
Dyane wrote: "Thanks, so much, A.R.!

My book sold well but my publisher hardly did any P.R. and that was a great disappointment.
I want my book to reach more people and it makes me happy to give it to anyone wh..."

Sorry for being late. Stuff still going on and many have it worst.

Kudos on your book selling well! Sorry about the P.R. Do you have any new book coming out? If I may, hugsie.

Mahalo,
RM
🇺🇸🐾

message 7: by Dyane (new) - added it

Dyane Harwood Hi RM!,

No worries about being late - I'm the same way! Thanks so much for writing & for your kind words. I'm working on book #2 but I've only just begun. I'll share an update here when I have something exciting to report! ;) In the meantime, take good care of yourself and I hope the stuff smooths over and you can have a breather and some fun!!! Xo, Dyane

RM(Alwaysdaddygirl) (alwaydaddygirl) | 543 comments Mod
Dyane wrote: "Hi RM!,

No worries about being late - I'm the same way! Thanks so much for writing & for your kind words. I'm working on book #2 but I've only just begun. I'll share an update here when I have som..."

Your welcome! I will truly look forward to it. Mahalo for your kind words 💐and Good Luck writing🌺! If I may, hugsie🤗.

Warm Regards,
RM
🐾🇺🇸