Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Uncirculated temporary paperback cover

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mirella (last edited Dec 17, 2018 02:11AM) (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Every Boy is a Book (The Rook Crew #1) by Mirella Muffarotto Hi!
I’m Mirella, the author of Every Boy is a Book. I’m so very sorry to bother you, but I really need your help. It took several "drafts" to shape Every Boy is a Book, and now the best version I can give is live. On Goodreads, I've temporarily uploaded my Kindle version cover as the paperback cover image. No copies went out with the temporary cover (including ARCs).
I'd like to change my uncirculated temporary paperback cover in order to add the official one. May I request you a change of temporary cover?

Could you help me please?
If you require any further information, please let me know.
I can’t thank you enough for your help.
Mirella

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 43604 comments Mod
The cover currently up was uploaded after the book's publication date, so it cannot be changed. An alternate-cover edition may be added, though.

What date did you change the cover?

message 3: by Mirella (last edited Dec 17, 2018 02:11AM) (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Hi rivka!
Thank you for your assistance.

Self-publishing with KDP, you can set up your paperback release date. That's exactly what I did. I published the paperback ed. of my book after releasing its Kindle version (and after the book's publication date), but with the same date as the Kindle version. Besides, the paperback cover currently up had not yet been accepted for publication by KDP.

Finally, Amazon KDP accepted my paperback cover (the same cover as its Kindle version) for publication. Now, the paperback cover currently up perfectly matches the published one.

Thanks a lot, and have a nice day :)