Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Issues with Quotes > Tie book quotes to the primary book ed.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mirella (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Every Boy is a Book (The Rook Crew #1) by Mirella Muffarotto Hi!
I’m Mirella, the author of Every Boy is a Book. I’m so very sorry to bother you, but I really need your help. It took several "drafts" to shape Every Boy is a Book, and now the best version I can give is live. This final ed. underwent editing and tweaks but has the SAME CONTENT and the SAME QUOTES as its previous version.

The book ed. my quotes are tied is currently the previous (and no longer available) one.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Do you think it possible to switch the book my quotes are tied from the previous version to the final edition?
https://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes...
This will allow readers to locate my primary book edition in an easier way. I know I’m asking a lot, but I think that sharing quotes from my book with readers is a good way to spread the word about it.

Help me please!
If you require any further information, please let me know.
I can’t thank you enough for your help.
Mirella

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42491 comments Mod
Quotes are linked to all editions of a work.

message 3: by Mirella (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Hi rivka!
First off, thank you for your kind assistance.

I know that quotes are linked to all editions of a work on Goodreads, and "which edition quotes are tied" is definitely not a big deal to published authors, but it means a lot to me. Sharing quotes from my book on Goodreads is a good way to spread the word about it, but these quotes that, thanks to Goodreads, circulate through the Internet are tied to a version of my book that's no longer available. I'm an unknown indie author, and nobody wants to waste time in locating my primary book edition live on Amazon.

Thanks anyway.

message 4: by lethe (last edited Dec 05, 2018 02:53AM) (new)

lethe | 13731 comments When I click on the book title in the quote, the October 2018 edition comes up, which is the final edition you linked to in your original post. So it would appear that all is well?

ETA: Ah, it seems all editions with that title have the same publication date, although not all have the same cover. Did you publish all different covers on the same date? The correct pub date should be the one when the cover was changed, so it is clear which is the latest edition.

ETA2: Also, if you haven't done it yet, you can change the default edition (that comes up in searches, etc.) to the latest one. It might help with this issue too. See the Author FAQ on the homepage of this group for details.

message 5: by Mirella (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Hi lethe!
Thank you so much for your help.

Every Boy is a Book (The Rook Crew #1) by Mirella Muffarotto The default edition, that comes up in searches, is the latest one available on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HLZWGK9
All editions of "Every Boy is a Book" have the same publication date, but not the same cover, because self-publishing with KDP you can change your book cover and content without having to release a new edition (same ASIN, same date, different content and cover).

When you click on the book title in the quote, the "Every Boy is a Book Quotes" page comes properly up, but if you click on the book title in the "pop-up", the previous version comes up, which is not the final edition of my book available on Amazon.

Thank you very much for taking the time to look into my issue :)

message 6: by lethe (last edited Dec 05, 2018 10:09AM) (new)

lethe | 13731 comments The only other thing I can suggest is re-linking the quotes to the book. I tried to do that with the first quote, but I couldn't complete the edit because only a maximum of 10 tags is allowed.

If you choose the 10 tags you want to keep, I can try if re-linking works.

ETA If I can edit the quote. I don't know how many likes a quote can have for a regular librarian to edit.

ETA2 Apparently only the first quote gives that pop-up screen, the others don't.

message 7: by Mirella (last edited Dec 06, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH, lethe!!! You are amazing :D

Every Boy is a Book (The Rook Crew #1) by Mirella Muffarotto Here's the 10 tags I'd like to keep: epic-love, friends-to-lovers, love-and-romance, love-hurts, soulmates, star-crossed-lovers, true-love, ya-romance, young-love, young-lovers

Unfortunately, I encounter the same problem with every quote.

I can’t thank you enough for your precious help ♡

message 8: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments You're welcome :)

I think I have got them all, except this one:

“Imparare a conoscersi presuppone inevitabili confronti e scontri per ritrovarsi a metà strada, là dove la libertà di ciascuno si esaurisce in quella dell’altro.”
― Llàrjme, Every Boy is a Book

Is Llàrjme a mistake? And should the tags be in English for this quote?

message 9: by Mirella (new)

Mirella Muffarotto (mirellamuffarotto) | 69 comments Now it's absolutely perfect! THANK Y♡U!!!

The quote “Imparare a conoscersi presuppone...” is from the very first Italian ed. of Every Boy is a Book, the only one I wrote under the pen name Llàrjme. The English tags are okay.

I really appreciate your help. It means a lot to me. Thank you!
Have a nice weekend :)

message 10: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13731 comments You too :)