Gena Showalter Fans discussion

The Darkest Captive (Lords of the Underworld, #14.5)
This topic is about The Darkest Captive
LOTU - books > The Darkest Captive (LOTU #14.5)

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (last edited Dec 03, 2018 10:46PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) | 1119 comments Mod
For centuries, Galen the Treacherous has been the most hated immortal in the Underworld. With good reason! This bad boy of bad boys has lied, stolen, cheated and killed with abandon. Possessed by the demons of Jealousy and False Hope, he has always lived for a single purpose: destroy everything.

Then he met her.

Former demon turned human femme fatale — Legion Honey -- sought to kill Galen, but ended up parting with her virginity instead. Afraid of their sizzling connection, she ran away…and ended up trapped in hell, tortured and abused in the worst of ways. Now she’s free, and a shell of herself, afraid of her own shadow.

Galen's hunger for Legion has only grown. Now the warrior with nothing to lose must help her rekindle the fire that once burned inside her. But as desires blaze white-hot, will Legion run again? Or will the unlikely pair succumb to love at long last?

☽ Rhiannon ✭ Mistwalker ☾ (pnr_list) | 19 comments Waiting for this book is the only thing that has kept me following this series - I am a huge fan of storylines with traumatized heroines healing with the help of their hero. I am hoping that I get my fix in The Darkest Captive, but it's only 125 pages, and so far (I'm about five pages in), it's all silly comical dialog. I'm not feeling terribly optimistic...

message 3: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 4 stars

I hope that changes and you'll like it in the end. Let us know how it goes.

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 12 comments I can't seem to find anyone talking about it... Did no one notice the advertisement in the back about the Darkest Assassin?

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 12 comments It's apparently another one of the 1001 books and the thing read: The Darkest Assassin
A Lords of the Underworld Novella
by Gena Showalter
From New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Gena Showalter comes a new story in her Lords of the Underworld series…

Fox is a demon-possessed immortal with many talents.
Ability to open portals—check
Power to kill the most dangerous Sent Ones—check
Scare away any man who might want to date her—mate
Now, the keeper of Distrust has been marked for death, a winged assassin with rainbow-colored eyes tracking her every move, determined to avenge the males she accidentally decimated. If only she could control the desire to rip off his clothes…

Bjorn is a fierce warrior with many complications.
Tragic, torture-filled past—check
A wife he was forced to wed, who is draining his life force—check
Ever-intensifying desire for the enigmatic Fox—mate
Never has he hesitated to exterminate an evil being. Until now. The sharp-tongued female with a shockingly vulnerable heart tempts him in ways no one else ever has, threatening his iron control.

But, as Fate itself seems to conspire against the unlikely pair, both old and new enemies emerge. And Fox and Bjorn must fight to survive.

And learn to love…

message 6: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ , Strider's sweetheart (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's interesting. So far Gena hasn't mention that.

I guess that's how the rest of the Angels will get their story (novellas).