Cozy Mysteries discussion

Find a book or series > A Cozy with strong romance and younger people?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ceki (new)

Ceki (ceki91) | 13 comments As much as I love a good humorous cozy, I must admit I'm often traumatized by the portrayal of romance. I'm also sick and tired of toxic relationships aka the Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener series.

Any cozies out there with strong romance and younger people in the late 20s or early/mid/late 30s?

message 2: by Jane (new)

Jane I stopped reading Agatha Raisin at book #8; wish I'd stopped sooner. I don't find Hamish Macbeth much better.

message 3: by Jane (new)

Jane "Any cozies out there with strong romance and younger people in the late 20s or early/mid/late 30s? "

Ceki, have you tried Avery Aames' cheese shop series? Kathy Aarons' candy shop series? Kristi Abbott? Annie Adams? Ellery Adams' Charmed Pie shop or book retreat? The rest of her series are of older protagonists. Riley Adams? Julie Adler? Isabella Alan? Laura Alden's PTA series? Ellie Alexander? I -love- Donna Andrews' Meg Landslow series - all have birds in the titles, but read them in publication order - they're very sequential. I can't remember whether Connie Adler's series has a young-enough protagonist for you. Nancy Atherton's Aunt Dimity series, but Lori is starting age out of your requirements - the earlier ones are young enough. Deb Baker's Doll series, maybe - it's been 6 years since I read the first one, & I don't remember it that well. Maggie Barbieri's Murder 101 series, but that series is beginning to age out as well. She also has a new series which is much more thriller/psych suspense (which I don;t care for.) Lorna Barrett's Booktown series? Cynthia Baxter's Mallory Marlowe series? She has another series about a vet, Jessica Popper. Jessica Beck? K. K. Beck? Jennie Bentley? Laurien Berenson's poodle series? Linda Berry? Claudia Bishop's Hemlock Falls? J. S. Borthwick? Rhys Bowen's Evan Evans? and Lady Georgie? Laura Bradford? Jacklyn Brady? Duffy Brown? Leslie Budewitz? Ellen Byerrum? Dorothy Cannell's Thin Woman series? JoAnna Carl's chocolate series?
Kate Carlisle? P. M. Carlisle? Jennifer Chiaverini's Quilting series? Tea Shop is young enough, but not the other 2. Jill Churchill? Carol Higgins Clark, but not Mom. Melissa Cleary? Jane Cleland? Susan Conant's malamute series? Both Sheila Connolly's Orchard & Museum series? Cleo Coyle's coffeeshop series' beginning is the right age. Isis Crawford's Catered series? Diane Mott Davidson's catering series? Lindsey Davis' Flavia Alba series? I like the Falco too but too old. Deborah Donnelly? Carola Dunn's Daisy Dalrymple? Kaitlyn Dunnett? I don't remember how old Gideon Oliver is at the beginning - author Aaron Elkins. Christy Fifield? Joanne Fluke? Shelley Freydont's ballet series? Daryl Wood Gerber? Kerry Greenwood? Carolyn Hart's Death on Demand series? Joan Hess, both Claire Malloy & Arly Hanks? Cheryl Honigford? Mary Ellen Hughes? Julie Hyzy's White House chef series? Sue Ann Jaffarian's Granny Apple series? Dolores Johnson's cleaners series?

As you can tell, I keep a list of authors & titles of the books I've read since 2005, & this is A-J, omitting what definitely isn't what you want. If you want more, let me know.
reply | flag *

message 4: by MadameZelda (new)

MadameZelda LOL, Jane! I have to agree that there are a lot of cozies involving younger people. The cozies I read are usually people in the 20s and 30s.

I couldn't even finish reading Book 1 of Agatha Raisin. I gave up.

message 5: by Ceki (new)

Ceki (ceki91) | 13 comments I always end up reading cozies about people in their 50s and 60s lol I don't have anything against them, it's just I'd like to try something else.

Thanks for the recommendations, but boy that was such a waste of your time lol

message 6: by Ceki (new)

Ceki (ceki91) | 13 comments MadameZelda wrote: "I couldn't even finish reading Book 1 of Agatha Raisin..."

I enjoyed it, it was funny and witty. But stopped after book 3 because romance was too ridiculous.

It is difficult to find a good cozy with strong romance.

message 7: by Marisa, Cozy Mysteries Assistant Moderator (new)

Marisa (moretta) | 3884 comments Mod
Ceki wrote: "I enjoyed it, it was funny and witty. But stopped after book 3 because romance was too ridiculous.

It is difficult to find a good cozy with strong romance. "

Perhaps you should go the other route: Romance with cozy. As this series. Another option that perhaps has been mentioned is "Madigan Amos Mysteries" by Ruby Loren or "A Bibliophile Mystery" by Kate Carlisle.

message 8: by Ceki (new)

Ceki (ceki91) | 13 comments Marisa wrote: "Ceki wrote: "I enjoyed it, it was funny and witty. But stopped after book 3 because romance was too ridiculous.

It is difficult to find a good cozy with strong romance. "

Perhaps you should go th..."

Thank you! I will check them out!