Play Book Tag discussion

Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots
This topic is about Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots
Archive: Other Books > Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots / Jessica Soffer. 3.25 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

LibraryCin | 8120 comments Tomorrow There Will Be Apricots / Jessica Soffer
3.25 stars

Lorca is a teenager. Her parents are divorced and she cuts herself. She has been suspended from school and is now waiting to attend a boarding school. In the meantime, she is trying to find a recipe, her mother’s favourite, to cook for her. Victoria is an elderly lady who has just lost her husband to cancer. She is hoodwinked into giving cooking lessons, and Lorca joins in.

I’m waffling between ok and good on this one. I wasn’t sure what to expect from it, and it was better than I expected, actually. I felt really badly for Lorca, as no matter what she did, she never seemed to be able to please her mom. Have to admit, I thought the guy helping her was a bit unrealistic. There were a few “twists” at the end, only one that was more of a surprise to me. The book is told mostly from points of view alternating between Lorca and Victoria, but there are a couple of chapters thrown in from Joseph’s (Victoria’s husband) POV from years earlier. For those who like that sort of thing, there are a few recipes thrown in.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments Hard for me to remember. I’d have to pull up my review. I could be wrong, but I think there was one sitting in here that I absolutely loved, one that I found very difficult, and my lack of memory tells me that all the rest was unremarkable, as even the remarkable ones fade from view.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Good review. Sounds like an interesting storyline.