Bookish Things discussion

Other Bookish Topics > Does the size of a book play a part in whether or not you will read it?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Taylor (TaysInfiniteThoughts) (taysinfinitethoughts) I used to be that way. I never wanted to read really big books but now it doesn’t and when I think of it now it just seems stupid.

message 2: by Sydney (new)

Sydney | 23 comments I really don't care about the size of the book as long as it's good.

message 3: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writewhereiread) | 18 comments No not really. But I do get a bit put off at chapter lengths.

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 25 comments Actually, yes. I'm put off by thinner books. I love thick, heavy books, especially if there is a series behind them. The idea that a great story can last for a thousand or more pages over the course of 3+ books is exhilarating. I know that there are books with fewer pages that are wonderful. But, I like 300+.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (writewhereiread) | 18 comments I'm curious - and you can open a separate thread for this. Is there someone you know that doesn't count audio books as reading? I saw this on Twitter and I thought...why would it NOT count?

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 25 comments I absolutely think audiobooks count. I read to my children and I read to my students. The written word is powerful and whether books and stories are ingested through the eyes or through the ears, the words still invoke the imagination. So, yes...audiobooks are real books.