The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)
This topic is about The Cruel Prince
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > The Cruel Prince (December 2018) Group Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kairia (new)

Kairia Welcome to December's Group Read Discussion thread for The Cruel Prince!

This thread is open for discussion beginning December 1st (sorry for the late posting)! Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group.

The Group Read Discussion schedule is as follows:

[WEEK OF 12/1]
-12/1 Prologue + Book One: Chapters 1-3

[WEEK OF 12/2]
-12/2 Chapters 4-7
-12/3 Chapters 8-10
-12/4 Chapters 11-12
-12/5 Chapters 13-16
-12/6 Chapters 17-19
-12/7 Book Two: Chapters 21-23
-12/8 Chapters 24-26

[WEEK OF 12/9]
-12/9 Chapters 27-30 + Epilogue

Bookish Pengu (bookpengu) | 10 comments Ahh so happy to hear this since I already started reading this with a friend :) Now I can share my thoughts here too

Baillie Sears (livelaughread) I’m behind but I’ve been wanting to read this!!!

Marilou Paru | 119 comments I started listening to the audiobook and just couldn't get into it at all, I just kept zoning out. The reader made everything sound cringy. So now I'm starting to read the ebook and it feels like I missed too much from the first 10 chapters.

message 5: by Kairia (new)

Kairia @Maria Paru

Audiobooks can make or break a book, so typically on a first read I only trust my inner head voice to make it interesting. :)

Baillie Sears (livelaughread) The only thing i'm not loving so far, and it might be my own issue but there are very little descriptions of some of the creatures. I literally had to google imps and hobs. I might just not be familiar enough with fantasy. The scene about Cardan's tail made me laugh. LOL

Marilou Paru | 119 comments Reading the book was so much better than the audiobook and I'm so happy i changed over. I still dont get the hype though, for me it's just ok. I like how the faeries are cruel, each in his/her own way, but other than that i didn't really like any of the characters. And the "plot twists" I was through. Only one thing kinda surprised me, but i guess I'm a bit ahead of schedule so no spoilers

Marilou Paru | 119 comments Kairia wrote: "@Maria Paru

Audiobooks can make or break a book, so typically on a first read I only trust my inner head voice to make it interesting. :)"

I usually only listen to audiobooks when i want to reread a book. But i recently started listening to Poison Study which I hadn't read before and liked it, so i thought I'd try this one too.

Baillie Sears (livelaughread) Is it bad that I’m more interested in finding out Taryns’s sex life tea than I am about Cardan. LOL

message 10: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 946 comments Mod
Maria Paru wrote: "I started listening to the audiobook and just couldn't get into it at all, I just kept zoning out. The reader made everything sound cringy. So now I'm starting to read the ebook and it feels like I..."

I felt the same way with the audiobook, but I am finding difficulty to find time to read it. I think I am going to try to give the audiobook another try for the time being.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.