What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Family Saga, character contracts legionnaires disease when first outbreak occurred back in Philadelphia in 1976

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Martin Bourque (new)

Martin Bourque | 4 comments This book would be around 1984 or before, but published after 1977. It was a family saga and one of the main characters contracts Legionnaire's disease from the first noted outbreak in 1976 in Philadelphia. Sorry I can't add more to this.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Martin Bourque, please provide plot details (no spoilers) and the genre of the book you’re looking for in the Topic header, not something vague like "Help! can't remember this book". Someone is more likely to recognize your book.

message 3: by Martin Bourque (new)

Martin Bourque | 4 comments thanks will do

message 4: by Kris (last edited Dec 06, 2018 10:58PM) (new)

Kris | 35129 comments Mod
Anatomy of an Epidemic (1982) by Gordon Thomas & Max Morgan-Witts? "An account of the mysterious fatal disease traced to a hotel in Philadelphia in 1976."
https://www.worldcat.org/title/anatom...

This might be the same book: Trauma: Search for the Cause of Legionnaires' Disease (1982) by Gordon Thomas & Max Morgan-Witts? "Depicts the outbreak of legionnaires' disease at the Bellevue Stratford Hotel in Philadelphia in 1976 and the efforts of scientists to discover its cause."
https://www.worldcat.org/title/trauma...

Nonfiction or fiction?

message 5: by Martin Bourque (new)

Martin Bourque | 4 comments Thanks Kris, it was fiction, so not the book I’m looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though.

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Still looking, Martin?

message 7: by Martin Bourque (new)

Martin Bourque | 4 comments Yes I am! Do you have a possible title?

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19035 comments Sadly, no, I just thought I'd give your post a bump.