What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Female Characters like Jason Bourne/Shane Schofield

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Hi,
Im developing an 'Action/Adventure' section at the girls school library i work at.
Im looking for books with female characters like Jason Bourne / Shane Schofield.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments There’s the Cold Fury series.

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Rosa wrote: "There’s the Cold Fury series."

That looks perfect. Thank you.

message 4: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Are you looking for only contemporary books of this nature or would different eras be acceptable?

message 5: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments ``Laurie wrote: "Are you looking for only contemporary books of this nature or would different eras be acceptable?"

Different eras are good.

message 6: by Ebookworm2016 (new)

Ebookworm2016 | 180 comments The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer. This is totally different from her Twilight series. She’s a chemist on the run from the people she used to work for. Kind of McGyver mixed with Jason Bourne.

message 7: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Ebookworm2016 wrote: "The Chemist by Stephenie Meyer. This is totally different from her Twilight series. She’s a chemist on the run from the people she used to work for. Kind of McGyver mixed with Jason Bourne."

Thank you.

message 8: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (manduck) | 112 comments Jennifer Lynn Barnes has two great series, The Natural series (book 1 The Naturals) and The Squad (book 1Perfect Cover.

I love the Gallegher girls series by Ally Carter(book 1 I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You) and her Heist Society series (book 1 Heist Society)

Sleuth or Dare is another good spy one.

Every Breath is an Aussie reimagining of Sherlock Holmes in a modern setting with two protagonists, 1 male, 1 female.

Kill Game is also the first book in a series.

message 9: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Mandy wrote: "Jennifer Lynn Barnes has two great series, The Natural series (book 1 The Naturals) and The Squad (book 1Perfect Cover.

I love the Gallegher girls s..."

Thank you. I agree, Gallagher Girl series is awesome.

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments Do The Hunger Games count?

message 11: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Dec 04, 2018 02:17PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Heist Society is the first book in a series about a girl who's family are all thieves. She's conned her way into a major boarding school to try to escape her family, except. . . She has to rescue her Father from the FBI and a major crime figure. I believe that there is a crossover between this series and either the Gallagher Girls or The Squad.

Touch of Frost is another one set in a school with the mc a girl.

I tried to stick to YA books since you were looking for a school library.

message 12: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Rosa wrote: "Do The Hunger Games count?"

We've currently got them in our SciFi section but they'll probably get moved.

message 13: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Touch of Frost is one I haven't heard of. Thank you.

message 14: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5206 comments There’s also the Fearless series.

message 15: by Cat (new)

Cat  | 132 comments Rosa wrote: "There’s also the Fearless series."

Thank you