Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Please help with a book title that is linked

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angela (new)

Angela Townsend (celticmoonbooks) | 9 comments I have written two books titled the Forlorned. The second novel (which is the only one in print now) came out after the movie based on the book was released.... contains different characters and plot. For some reason Goodreads has linked all the reviews of the old Forlorned titled book (girl in the water black cover) with my new Forlorned book (brown title and ocean on the cover.) The old outdated (black cover book with girl in the water)-- always comes up and reviews of both books are lumped. Can someone please help me? I'm sorry if this is confusing but I'm getting angry readers directed to the old copy which has nothing to do with killer rats and or other things featured in the motion picture. Thank you so much for your time. I appreciate all of you so much and I know you work very hard. Angela

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments Hi Angela, I think this is the same issue as was answered here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Angela (new)

Angela Townsend (celticmoonbooks) | 9 comments The reviews shouldn't be linked but still are? Can you please help me Lethe? Thank you! Angela

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13664 comments If the new edition is a reworking of the old, they are combined correctly according to GR policy. But you can make it so that the new edition is the one showing up in searches etc.

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23191 comments To make the new edition the default, just follow lethe's link in msg#2, then Rivka's link.

message 6: by Angela (new)

Angela Townsend (celticmoonbooks) | 9 comments Thank you everyone! :)