What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > The women had almost disappeared from Earth or other Planet

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Evlogieva | 12 comments Hello! I am looking for romance novels where the women had almost disappeared from Earth or other planet because of a disease or something like that and maybe the Heroine is one of the few left. I would really appreciate it if someone could recommend me something🙈 Thank you in advance😊❤

message 3: by Rosa (new)

message 4: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Evlogieva | 12 comments Rosa wrote: "Check out this thread: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

Thank you for the suggestions😊

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Mina Carter's Warriors of the Lathar #1-6 (compilation of 6 titles) has aliens and this trope

Maddy Barone's After the Crash series also has this trope, but it's a time travel one. A plane from 2014 crash lands in 2064 (I think that's it) and the survivors discover that the day they took off terrorists ignited nuclear bombs in most of the major cities of the world. Then there were several natural disasters (earthquakes, asteroid of the very large size smashing into Texas etc) and finally a (possibly man made) plague that killed off 80% of the females and made it extremely difficult to conceive female children.

I know that I've read several others, but can't think of their titles right now, and I've got a book or five (thousand) in my GR book list.

message 6: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (manduck) | 112 comments I have a couple of YA ones for you, Eve of Man and Wither is the first one in a series where the average lifespan of women has dropped to 20.

message 7: by Margarita (last edited Dec 05, 2018 12:01PM) (new)

Margarita Evlogieva | 12 comments Ann aka Iftcan and Mandy thank you so soooo much the suggestions. I can't wait to read all of them🙈😊

message 8: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited Dec 05, 2018 03:23PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Margarita wrote: "Hello! I am looking for romance novels where the women had almost disappeared from Earth or other planet because of a disease or something like that and maybe the Heroine is one of the few left. I ..."

Katieran Prime (Katieran Prime, #1) by K.D. Jones Katieran Prime by K.D. Jones is the 1st book in a great series where most of the women (from a different planet, not Earth) died after an enemy released an engineered disease. Of course, they are desperate for Earth women but understand them so little. Notable favorites of mine are "Colonial Prime" (Book 7 deaf heroine + telepathic hero) and "Infiltration" (Book 11 songwriter/pop star + mind-reading interrogator/spy).

Casey's Warriors (Bondmates, #1) by Ann Mayburn Casey's Warriors by Ann Mayburn

Another favorite mars-needs-women series starts with "Casey's Warriors." The women of this world and a whole lot of the men are destroyed by the spread of a vicious hive-mind/zombie type of thing that is really hard to describe. It is a romance though, it's not really about what happened to the women, just that something did. Anyway, this is a great series, but only if you're okay with a menage between 2 alien men and 1 human woman. There are some very brief male/male scenes but they aren't explicit, they mainly just explain the relationship between the two heros. The political structure of this world is almost a matriarchy and I love Casey as a heroine!

Katieran Prime (Katieran Prime, #1) by K.D. Jones Colonial Prime (Katieran Prime, #7) by K.D. Jones Infiltration (Katieran Prime, #11) by K.D. Jones Casey's Warriors (Bondmates, #1) by Ann Mayburn

message 9: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19104 comments Might want to check this list....

What Happened to All the Women?

message 10: by Margarita (new)

Margarita Evlogieva | 12 comments Thank you all for the suggestions😊 I really appreciate it😊