Romance Retreat discussion

Reader Hangout (Book Chat) > Which romance trope are you over?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lia (new)

Lia Peele (liapeele) What do you think has been overdone and what would you like to read about in 2019?

Are you over/want to see more of: billionaires, mountain men, menage, BDSM, cupcakes, mafia gangsters, cougars,.

What screams taboo to you? What would you like to see tackled? I'm really curious about this ...

message 2: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal either. Others may like them but I am just done with them.

message 3: by Jessica T. (new)

Jessica T. Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal either. Others may like them but I am just done with t..."

I partially agree with Rochelle. I'm so over female virgin stories but I've been really liking male virgin stories lately. Male virgin stories are not as common and it's nice sometimes when the woman is more sexually experienced.

message 4: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal either. Others may like them but I am..."

I have never read a male virgin book. They sound interesting.

message 5: by Jessica T. (new)

Jessica T. Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal either. Others may li..."

They are interesting because it's different. Most men in romance books are manwhores. Male virgins are usually in historical, paranormal, and YA romances, so if you don't read a lot of those you may miss them. For contemporary, I think the hero in Sacked by Jen Frederick is a virgin and Penny Reid has written male virgins also.

message 6: by Jen_C (new)

Jen_C (jen_cwhatfreetime) | 9 comments Over step-siblings and also billionaire men with virgin women.

message 7: by Jen_C (last edited Dec 07, 2018 09:58AM) (new)

Jen_C (jen_cwhatfreetime) | 9 comments Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal either. Others may li..."

There is a list on GoodReads with virgin heroes.

I liked Archer's voice and Crazy for Her.

message 8: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything paranormal eith..."

That is probably why I never came across those since that I don't read historical or YA. I haven't read anything from Jen Frederick or Penny Reid yet. I will have to check those out. :-)

message 9: by Jessica T. (new)

Jessica T. Jen_C wrote: "Over step-siblings and also billionaire men with virgin women."

I forgot about step-siblings. I don't really like this trope, either. :(

message 10: by Jessica T. (new)

Jessica T. Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a big fan of anything..."

Definitely check out Penny Reid, especially the Winston Brothers series.

message 11: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments Jessica wrote: "Jen_C wrote: "Over step-siblings and also billionaire men with virgin women."

I forgot about step-siblings. I don't really like this trope, either. :("

Me either. Kinda seems a little incesty (is this even a word, lol)

message 12: by Rochelle (new)

Rochelle | 98 comments Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "Jessica wrote: "Rochelle wrote: "I am so over virgin stories. I usually will skip those books once I find out that is what they are about. Not a bi..."

Awesome cool. thanks for the heads up. I will most definitely check it out.

message 13: by B. C. Booklover (new)

B. C. Booklover (bcbooklover) | 367 comments Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan which Jen_C mentioned was absolutley amazing and I still think about how much a year or more later. Might like to read it again sometime.

message 14: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (xficklefangirlx) | 4 comments I feel I'm burnt out on mil/billionaires and second chances.

message 15: by Luv (new)

Luv  | 21 comments I'm burnt out on BDSM books. I really enjoyed reading this genre until 50 Shades became a hit and then every author decided to include it. I see sub or dom and I'm not even opening the book.