Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books & Reading > New Releases in Historical Mysteries (2019)

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Jan 01, 2020 10:01AM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1678 comments Mod
Looking forward to the latest installment in your favorite series or a new book by a new author. Come and tell us about the books coming out in 2019.

Master List

January
A Murderous Marriage (A Lady & Lady's Maid Mystery #4) by Alyssa Maxwell The Golden Tresses of the Dead (Flavia de Luce, #10) by Alan Bradley

February
The Black Ascot (Inspector Ian Rutledge #21) by Charles Todd

March
A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell, #4) by Deanna Raybourn Smoke and Ashes (Sam Wyndham, #3) by Abir Mukherjee Mrs. Jeffries Delivers the Goods (Mrs. Jeffries #37) by Emily Brightwell The American Agent (Maisie Dobbs, #15) by Jacqueline Winspear

April
Who Slays the Wicked (Sebastian St. Cyr, #14) by C.S. Harris An Artless Demise (Lady Darby Mystery #7) by Anna Lee Huber Murder on Trinity Place (Gaslight Mystery, #22) by Victoria Thompson Rough Music by Robin Blake Triple Jeopardy (Daniel Pitt, #2) by Anne Perry The Alchemist of Lost Souls (Bianca Goddard Mysteries, #4) by Mary Lawrence Murder Knocks Twice (Speakeasy Mystery #1) by Susanna Calkins Death of a New American (Jane Prescott Mystery, #2) by Mariah Fredericks

May
The Satapur Moonstone (Perveen Mistry, #2) by Sujata Massey Murder in the City of Liberty (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #2) by Rachel McMillan Murder at Morrington Hall (A Stella and Lyndy Mystery #1) by Clara McKenna

June
Death in Kew Gardens (Kat Holloway Mysteries, #3) by Jennifer Ashley A Lady's Guide to Gossip and Murder (A Countess of Harleigh Mystery #2) by Dianne Freeman The Disappearance of Alistair Ainsworth (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #3) by Leonard Goldberg

July
Murder at Crossways (Gilded Newport Mysteries #7) by Alyssa Maxwell A Capitol Death (Flavia Albia Mystery #7) by Lindsey Davis Season of Darkness (A Gaslight Mystery #1) by Cora Harrison

August
The Twice-Hanged Man (Medieval Mystery #15) by Priscilla Royal Love and Death Among the Cheetahs (Her Royal Spyness #13) by Rhys Bowen Singapore Sapphire (Harriet Gordon Mystery #1) by A.M. Stuart The Art of Dying by Ambrose Parry

September
The Alienist at Armageddon (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, #3) by Caleb Carr Murder at Kensington Palace (A Wrexford & Sloane Mystery Book 3) by Andrea Penrose A Dangerous Engagement (Amory Ames #6) by Ashley Weaver The Vanished Bride (Brontë Sisters Mystery #1) by Bella Ellis

October
A Snapshot of Murder (Kate Shackleton #10) by Frances Brody Murder Cuts the Mustard (Beryl and Edwina Mystery, #3) by Jessica Ellicott The Art of Theft (Lady Sherlock, #4) by Sherry Thomas

November
Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders (A Woman of WWII Mystery #1) by Tessa Arlen City of Scoundrels (Counterfeit Lady, #3) by Victoria Thompson

December
And Dangerous to Know (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries #3) by Darcie Wilde

message 3: by Beth (new)

Beth | 27 comments Whispers of Warning (A Change of Fortune Mystery #2)
by Jessica Estevao. I hope this is as good as the first in the series!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments When's it out, Beth?

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth | 27 comments Whoops, I was looking at an older title. I'll replace it with the new Flavia de Luce novel The Golden Tresses of the Dead by Alan Bradley. The date is listed as January 22, 2019.

message 6: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (eab2012) | 249 comments Rough Music Rough Music by Robin Blake the 4th Cragg and Fidelis novel is due out in April.

I'm kind of excited. I didn't think there were any more of these novels coming.

The next Veronica Spedwell is due out in January A Dangerous Collaboration (Veronica Speedwell #4) by Deanna Raybourn A Dangerous Collaboration

The Medieval Mysteries continue with The Twice-Hanged Man The Twice-Hanged Man (Medieval Mystery #15) by Priscilla Royal

message 7: by Carmen (last edited Dec 03, 2018 08:14PM) (new)

Carmen | 11 comments Unfortunately according to the Goodreads page we have to wait until March 12 for A Dangerous Collaboration to come out!

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Looks like April will be a busy month!

message 9: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 373 comments I'm looking forward to Veronica Speedwell. I'm sure there are others. I'm still trying to catch up on 2018 new releases!

message 10: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (eab2012) | 249 comments Carmen wrote: "Unfortunately according to the Goodreads page we have to wait until March 12 for A Dangerous Collaboration to come out!"

That must have changed since the last announcement. Bummer.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments Lauren wrote: "Looks like April will be a busy month!"

Yeah, it does, doesn't it?

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments Oh, and here's another one:

February 5, 2019:

The Black Ascot (Inspector Ian Rutledge #21) by Charles Todd by Charles Todd.

message 13: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 373 comments I'm eager to read
A Murderous Marriage (A Lady & Lady's Maid Mystery #4) by Alyssa Maxwell A Murderous Marriage

Love and Death Among the Cheetahs (Her Royal Spyness #13) by Rhys Bowen Love and Death Among the Cheetahs

and Murder at Crossways (A Gilded Newport Mystery Book 7) by Alyssa Maxwell Murder at Crossways
I'm insanely excited about this one because I love Mamie Fish! She was one of the Gilded Age's most eccentric characters.

message 14: by Veronica (last edited Dec 06, 2018 01:01PM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments A Capitol Death (Flavia Albia Mystery #7) by Lindsey Davis A Capitol Death - July 30, 2019

Another one for April!

Triple Jeopardy (Daniel Pitt, #2) by Anne Perry Triple Jeopardy - Daniel Pitt #2 on sale April 9, 2019

message 15: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 90 comments March (US): Smoke and Ashes Smoke and Ashes (Sam Wyndham, #3) by Abir Mukherjee by Abir Mukherjee. Book #3 in the Sam Wyndham series.

message 16: by Lauren (new)

List updated to here.

Thanks everyone. Keep 'em coming!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments January 22, 2019:

The Golden Tresses of the Dead (Flavia de Luce #10) by Alan Bradley by Alan Bradley.

message 18: by QNPoohBear (last edited Dec 17, 2018 02:33PM) (new)

QNPoohBear | 373 comments Mrs. Jeffries Delivers the Goods (Mrs. Jeffries #37) by Emily Brightwell by Emily Brightwell coming March 12. I was disappointed she didn't have a Christmas themed book this year but am glad the series is continuing. Is more than one person writing this series? It boggles my mind if only one person is coming up with all these fresh new cases for dear Inspector Witherspoon!

A Snapshot of Murder (Kate Shackleton #10) by Frances Brody a Kate Shackleton mystery by Frances Brody doesn't come out until October!

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Updated to here.
Thanks everyone :)

message 21: by Mary (last edited Feb 22, 2019 04:09AM) (new)

Mary Lawrence | 7 comments The Alchemist of Lost Souls (Bianca Goddard Mysteries, #4) by Mary Lawrence The Alchemist of Lost Souls April 30, 2019.
A NetGalley review copy is now available through Kensington Books. https://bit.ly/2Iu7sCW

message 22: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 266 comments The Alienist at Armageddon September 1, 2019

Murder At Kensington Palace September 24, 2019

message 24: by Veronica (last edited Mar 02, 2019 11:34AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Meghan wrote: "The Alienist at Armageddon September 1, 2019

Murder At Kensington Palace September 24, 2019"

Ooh, a new Alienist book...and from Kreisler's POV, too.

message 26: by Veronica (last edited Mar 02, 2019 11:43AM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments A Dangerous Engagement by Ashley Weaver A Dangerous Engagement - September 3, 2019

Amazon has the cover up: https://www.amazon.com/Dangerous-Enga...

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments Here's the cover: A Dangerous Engagement by Ashley Weaver

message 28: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Thanks, Susanna!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments No problem.

message 30: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 373 comments Murder Cuts the Mustard by Jessica Ellicott October

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments October 29th, in fact.

message 32: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments First in a new series set during WWII:

Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders Poppy Redfern and the Midnight Murders (A Woman of WWII Mystery #1) by Tessa Arlen

Publication date: November 5, 2019

message 33: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Another new series, this one set in Chicago during the 1920s:

Murder Knocks Twice Murder Knocks Twice (Speakeasy Mystery #1) by Susanna Calkins

Publication date: April 30, 2019

message 34: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments And yet another new series, set in 1905:

Murder at Morrington Hall Murder at Morrington Hall (A Stella and Lyndy Mystery #1) by Clara McKenna

Publication date: May 28, 2019

message 35: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #2, Murder in the City of Liberty Murder in the City of Liberty (A Van Buren and DeLuca Mystery #2) by Rachel McMillan

Publication date: May 28, 2019

message 36: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments Jane Prescott #2, Death of a New American Death of a New American (Jane Prescott Mystery, #2) by Mariah Fredericks

Publication date: April 9, 2019

message 37: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 694 comments The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes #3, The Disappearance of Alistair Ainsworth The Disappearance of Alistair Ainsworth (The Daughter of Sherlock Holmes Mysteries #3) by Leonard Goldberg

Publication date: June 11, 2019

message 38: by Lauren (new)

Thanks Veronica!
The master list is updated.

message 39: by QNPoohBear (new)

QNPoohBear | 373 comments And Dangerous to Know by Darcie Wilde
And Dangerous to Know
The last one of the year-released Dec. 31, 2019

message 41: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Here's a July release, first in a new series by Cora Harrison. It involves Charles Dickens, Wilkie Collins and Scotland Yard.

Season of Darkness (A Gaslight Mystery #1) by Cora Harrison

message 42: by Robin (new)

Robin Holmes Richardson (acetax) | 196 comments Adding to my "Want to Read" list...Isabella Gordon was a character in both of the J.C. Briggs books I've read so far...

The Murder of Patience Brooke (Charles Dickens Investigations #1) by J.C. Briggs Death at Hungerford Stairs (Charles Dickens Investigations #2) by J.C. Briggs

message 43: by Merle (new)

Merle (merletau70) | 147 comments Robin wrote: "Adding to my "Want to Read" list...Isabella Gordon was a character in both of the J.C. Briggs books I've read so far...

The Murder of Patience Brooke (Charles Dickens Investigations #1) by J.C. Briggs[bookcover:Death at Hunger..."

Those caught my eye too. Cora Harrison always interests me.

message 46: by Meghan (new)

Meghan | 266 comments Susanna - Censored by GoodReads wrote: "August 29th, 2019:

The Art of Dying by Ambrose Parry

The Art of Dying by Ambrose Parry."

I'm so glad to see that this is continuing into a series!

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 463 comments Yeah, I'm enjoying the first one.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.