2022 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2019 > Anthony's 2019 Personal Challenge

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Last year I set a goal of 25 books and as I am writing this today, I have already eclipsed that goal by 9. I will likely finish 1-2 more books this month. Going into 2019, my reading habits will likely change and I cannot see myself reaching the same number I did in 2018. I recently moved and no longer have a commute to work, which is where I knocked out the majority of my audio books. I also recently started a graduate program that will take a slight toll on my personal reading time. For 2019, I will be shooting for 25 books.

message 2: by Anthony (last edited Oct 05, 2019 06:55PM) (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments January
Hearts in Atlantis by Stephen King The Grownup by Gillian Flynn

February
The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2) by J.R.R. Tolkien The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy A Trilogy in Five Parts by Douglas Adams

March
The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3) by J.R.R. Tolkien Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Harry Potter, #5) by J.K. Rowling Armada by Ernest Cline

April
Invictus by Ryan Graudin

May
Sleeping Giants (Themis Files, #1) by Sylvain Neuvel Waking Gods (Themis Files, #2) by Sylvain Neuvel The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium, #1) by Stieg Larsson

June
Die Trying (Jack Reacher, #2) by Lee Child The Girl Who Played with Fire (Millennium, #2) by Stieg Larsson Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Harry Potter, #6) by J.K. Rowling

July
Leaving Berlin by Joseph Kanon Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) by J.K. Rowling Only Human (Themis Files, #3) by Sylvain Neuvel

August
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (Millennium, #3) by Stieg Larsson The Giver (The Giver, #1) by Lois Lowry

September
Tripwire (Jack Reacher, #3) by Lee Child Watching (The Making of Riley Paige #1) by Blake Pierce

October
The Maze Runner (The Maze Runner, #1) by James Dashner The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, #2) by Douglas Adams

November

December

DNF

message 3: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments What are you studying?

You have a section for DNF? Do you DNF a lot?

Good luck with the challenge!

message 4: by Ilona, Global Moderator (last edited Dec 07, 2018 11:47PM) (new)

Ilona | 4092 comments 25 is a great goal, Anthony! Do you already have some books planned for 2019?
Happy Reading!

message 5: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments I did have three DNFs this year, so I put that in there for future use if need be. I do not usually DNF, this was a new experience for me. I just got bored listening to Alexander Hamilton and A Gentleman in Moscow and then I checked out the Order of the Phoenix through Libby and my reservation ran out before I could finish it.

I do have some books planned for 2019. I picked up a few Stephen King books from the local thrift shop for real cheap (Hearts in Atlantis, Insomnia, Gerald's Game, and the Green Mile). I also need to finish the Southern Reach Trilogy by Jeff VanderMeer, I just need to finish the last book. I would like to finish Harry Potter in 2019 and dig into my TBR list. It has gotten pretty long in the last year.

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana | 3888 comments Makes sense. It's very rare for me to DNF books as well. I think the last eight years I may have DNF'd three at most.

message 7: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Well that's an accomplishment. The goal is to return to them this year. We shall see.

message 8: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4092 comments How is it going so far this year?

message 9: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated through March.

message 10: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated through May.

message 11: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated for May

message 12: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated through June.

message 13: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated through July.

message 14: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4092 comments You've already read 18 books! Which one is your favourite so far this year? :)

message 15: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Finishing the Harry Potter series was special. The last two books were amazing.

message 16: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4092 comments Anthony wrote: "Finishing the Harry Potter series was special. The last two books were amazing."

I love all of them and re-read them every couple of years :)

message 17: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated through August.

message 18: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated for September.

message 19: by Anthony (new)

Anthony DeRosa | 94 comments Updated for October.

message 20: by Ilona, Global Moderator (new)

Ilona | 4092 comments Congrats on finishing your challenge!