SSJCPL (Stockton-San Joaquin County Public Library) discussion

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
This topic is about The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry
Reading Discussions > The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Available on Hoopla with your library card:
https://www.hoopladigital.com/title/1...

They also have the audiobook.

message 2: by Brianna (new)

Brianna Anderson | 135 comments Mod
Thank you everyone for choosing our December feel good read The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry. I can't wait to read about this Scrooge-esque bookstore owner and how his life changes over the course of the book. Happy reading everyone!

message 3: by Brianna (new)

So I shall admit that I haven't been as quick to read this month's selection what with the holidays and all but I've finally sat down and started this little gem. So far I'm really enjoying it. I like the focus on character progression and love a good underdog story. What are your thoughts on the story so far if you've started?

Vanessa Garcia | 10 comments I liked it fine... the only thing I did not like was some of the time skips. Loved the literary references, I actually added some of the books referenced to my TBR. It was a good pick for December.

message 5: by Brianna (new)

I'm with you on the time skips! I understand it was supposed to be an entire period in someone's life but it did feel a bit disjointed. Especially once Maya entered the scene. I think it was a good December pick too. It reminded me a lot of A Christmas Carol in the sense that AJ Fikry is a lot like a Scrooge character and goes through the same change.

SSJCPL (Stockton-San Joaquin County Public...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry (other topics)