Reading with Style discussion

RwS Winter 18-19 > 10.8 New Authors (Coralie's Task)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate S (last edited Dec 29, 2018 06:26PM) (new)

Kate S | 6029 comments Read a book by an author who is not on the RwS authors list as updated in November 2018.

ETA: Here's the link.

message 2: by Anika (new)

Anika | 1846 comments I know I sound like a total noob asking this: where would I find that list? (After all these seasons—just found an old notebook with my Spring 2012 reading plan!—I still have no idea about some of the features of this group’s page...)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11948 comments It's in the Rules and Guidelines folder in the Quick Links thread.

Feel free to make a copy for yourself and sort/search any way that is convenient at the time.

This will be an easy one for me to catch if you miss it for combo, as I have to add authors if they aren't already in the database.

message 4: by Penny (new)

Penny (Literary Hoarders) (pennyliteraryhoarders) | 123 comments I'm currently reading November Road by Lou Berney and I don't see him on your list. I think this fits here?

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 11948 comments Penny wrote: "I'm currently reading November Road by Lou Berney and I don't see him on your list. I think this fits here?"

Yes, and a combo with 10.2!

message 6: by Penny (new)

Penny (Literary Hoarders) (pennyliteraryhoarders) | 123 comments Nice!

Thanks Elizabeth for confirming!

message 7: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4239 comments If we are reading a book by a new author and someone else claims the author before we finish the book, does that mean we can no longer claim it?

message 8: by Kate S (new)

Kate S | 6029 comments Rebekah wrote: "If we are reading a book by a new author and someone else claims the author before we finish the book, does that mean we can no longer claim it?"

Nope. When Elizabeth adds a new author to our list, the database will recognize it as qualifying for this task for the whole season. It is not a first come first serve task. :)

message 9: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekalynn) | 4239 comments thanks!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

November Road (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lou Berney (other topics)