Play Book Tag discussion

November 2018: Literary Fiction > Gone So Long - Andre Dubus III - *****

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 242 comments All I can say is that Andre Dubus III has a new fan. Gone So Long is one of the best books I have ever read. The story was one that may have been written about before, but it's the in-depth character development that just mesmerized me.

We meet a family who has been devastated by a murder, and the man who committed it. You can almost feel sorry for the murderer due to his current condition and his thoughts and actions, but it is the mother and the daughter of the victim who the author captures so perfectly. There are a few peripheral characters who are not so deep but still well written.

I give this book an enthusiastic 5 stars and add it to my favorites list. I will be reading more of this author's books!

I'm so glad that my time freed up and I was able to come back to Play Book Tag and pick this great book for the Literary Fiction tag!

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6002 comments Welcome back, Raine!

Read House of Sand and Fog: A Novel - it's heartbreakingly sad, but the writing is breathtakingly beautiful.

message 3: by Raine (new)

Raine (rainelu) | 242 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Welcome back, Raine!

Read House of Sand and Fog: A Novel - it's heartbreakingly sad, but the writing is breathtakingly beautiful."

Yes, I am going to read that!