One Word After Another Book Club discussion

Off Topic > What Books Do You Wish Would be Made into Films/TV Shows?

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Schoch (lydiaschoch) | 26 comments I'd love to see Robert J. Sawyer's Neanderthal Parallax trilogy get made into a TV show. The storyline was about a human who discovered that Neanderthals had been only surviving humanoid species to survive on a parallel version of Earth.

The differences between human and Neanderthal society in the present day were vast. I loved reading about it, and I think it would make for a great viewing experience, too.

How about all of you?

message 2: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (Wyse) Schoch (tammyschoch) | 38 comments I liked that series a lot. And it happened in Canada I believe ...

message 3: by Brian (new)

Brian Basham (brianbasham) | 96 comments There was a book I read by Harry Turtledove that I thought would be interesting as a movie. It was about how pagan gods were actual beings like Giants who gained power through belief. Some of them oppressed their believers with an iron fist. They had certain powers and could see through the eyes of their believers. It was called Between the Rivers.

Also the Wool series would be fantastic in TV series or Trilogy movie format. Humankind living in a Silo because the air outside is toxic. When someone breaks the law they send them outside to clean the camera lens which is their only connection to an outside world that looks bleak and desolate.