The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Book Buying Addict Checking In

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy (celesi) Hello there, this group seems perfect for me. Like many of you I can't walk out of a bookstore without buying something, my TBR shelf is always more than one shelf strong, and like many readers, I'd like to believe I'm a writer in training.

For the past two years, I've been on a YA kick that's gradually shifting into an Urban Fantasy one. Part of this is likely due to popular authors delving into YA, and thus the new reader has other series to check out by favored authors.

The thought of reclassifying my 700 book LT library didn't appeal, so my catalog here is limited to books I've read this year(~50), books on the TBR shelf (another ~50), and the wishlist (~100).

Looking forward to meeting enthusiastic readers!

message 2: by Susanna (new)

Susanna (jb_slasher) Hey Amy!

message 3: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (bellamy22) | 610 comments Welcome Amy!

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo Welcome Amy!!

message 5: by JSou (new)

JSou Hi Amy! Welcome to TNBBC!

message 6: by Edith (new)

Edith | 256 comments Hi Amy!

Lyn (Readinghearts) (lsmeadows) Amelia - Not anymore than the rest of us. I don't even want to know how many books are on my TBR pile, or in my case piles since there are too many for one place.

Amy - Welcome to the group, you will find lots of fun and good book chats here.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy (celesi) Thanks everyone! Lyn, I love how active and friendly this group is! This place is quickly replacing my LT addiction.

And Amelia, I usually only half pack a suitcase, to make space for all the wonderful books and goodies found on travels.

Last vacation I took, I brought 5 books to read, and came home with 5 new ones.

message 9: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10003 comments Mod
Welcome Amy... Thanks for joining. You will fall in love with this place... get rid of LT (Library thing?) you wont be needing it anymore :)

message 10: by Amy (new)

Amy (signgirlamy) | 32 comments Welcome :) I'm always glad to see another Amy!

I have 47 books sitting on my 3 TBR shelves at home. I can never go into a bookstore and walk out empty-handed, especially when B&N and Border's email me coupons every week. I've read 45 books so far this year (I think) so at least I'm reading them. I have a friend who buys a ton of books and then has them for years before she either reads them or asks me if I want them.

My problem is just that I read one book and buy 3 more...

message 11: by Ana (new)

Ana | 65 comments Welcome Amy!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Amy! ♥

message 13: by Dorie (new)

Dorie (dorieann) | 430 comments Book buying addict, huh? Something tells me you're going to fit right in here...

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy (celesi) Thanks everyone!

Thanks Dorie, I already feel I am!

And Amy, I am the exact same way!

Hey Lori, it's a slow process. I had everything arranged the way I liked it on LT, and the shelving system's a bit different than tags and collections. Trying not to have 100 different shelves!

message 15: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Amy, I think having more shelves makes it more interesting :)
I have books on multiple shelves... It's fun!

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy (celesi) I'm just overwhelmed creating 50-ish different shelves, and sorting all the books. I'll get to it, I'm just going to enjoy the community, and not push myself to get it all done right this second!

This group has become my "must check daily" page of choice!

message 17: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

"This group has become my "must check daily" page of choice!"

yay!!!

message 18: by Izze (new)

Izze (readerizze) | 6 comments are you amy huo? if you are, ur in my class.

message 19: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Izze, we are a group of mature readers. I do not think you will be running into people from your school here.

message 20: by Carol (new)

Carol I swore I was not buying anymore books until my pile diminish. I am such a weak creature. Bah! I bought two more today at Barnes& Nobles.

message 21: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Carol, give in to it. Willpower will never overcome Book Buying power!!! Remember my motto... we are not here to hold you back.....

:)

message 22: by Carol (new)

Carol Lori wrote: "Carol, give in to it. Willpower will never overcome Book Buying power!!! Remember my motto... we are not here to hold you back.....

:)"

so true heeheehehehehehe