What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Regency romance (I think) about a man who is disfigured and a young woman. He leaves and comes back handsome.

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Renea (new)

Renea (goodreadscomsunflower263) | 18 comments I read the synopsis of the book and forgot to add it. It's about a man who is disfigured and a young woman. I believe they live in a village (might be in England) and she has feelings for him. He leaves and comes back handsome and she feels unworthy of him. That's about all I remember, know it's not much.


message 2: by Kris (last edited Dec 04, 2018 10:03AM) (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Renea, around what year did you see this book? This will help narrow down the search.

Anything else about the couple - rich/poor, jobs/soldier/skills, how they met, where is he disfigured & how did this happen, etc.? How does he regain his looks (e.g., twin brother)?

Did the tone seem - romantic, angsty, steamy/clean, sad, etc.?

Tips for posting a book request - https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Renea (new)

Renea (goodreadscomsunflower263) | 18 comments Didn't read the book, only the back of it. It was around 2012. I believe it was a romance, from the review it didn't give much other than what I wrote and that wasn't much so, it didn't tell how he was transformed.

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34460 comments Mod
Do you recall the cover image?

Can you describe his disfigurement?

Is this a mystery as well?

back to top